Cuny Research Foundation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2016

2.1

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cuny Research Foundation (New York, NY).

Interview

Easy, the requirements were simple...you must be a college student, pass the drug test, and be somewhat similar major in the field you are applying for.

They might ask for your grade.

Interview Questions

• Which college do you go to? and what's your current GPA.   Answer Question

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cuny Research Foundation (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I met with the Program Supervisor and the Director of Programming. It was very laidback but informative, and I was asked about strengths and weaknesses and my ideas for what I envisioned the program to be. I was asked about innovative ideas and as a person who thinks outside the box, i was able to showcase ideas for a particular demographic of student.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel you can contribute to this position?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flushing, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cuny Research Foundation (Flushing, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I was contacted through an email to schedule an interview.I thought the interview was going well answered all the questions during what was a five minute interview.Thought I had a chance at getting the open position because of the qualifications that I have for the job.In actuality they already had someone in mind already that they knew they were going to hire the person in charge of hiring just had to make themselves look good and interview more than one person. In the future if you have someone in mind why bother wasting other candidates time if they never had a fighting chance to get the position anyway.It just to toy with people's emotions and make it seem that you may get a job that was already closed.The hiring manager at Queens college basically told me this on the phone that they already had someone else chosen in mind for the position even before my interview thanks for being finally honest with me at the Barry Commoner Center

Interview Questions

• I have a lot of people interviewing for this position so it may take a week to get back to you, what is your weakness and when could you start and why are you looking to chance jobs and why I like working in healthcare   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cuny Research Foundation.

Interview

Applied and was contacted via email within a few days for an in-person interview, which I set up for the following day or so. Met with my immediate supervisor, a colleague, and the manager in charge of the entire hiring process during the first hour or so. Overall it was a great experience, they were very nice. The interview was more like a conversation; they were clearly assessing me but it was not adversarial and they were open to answering questions themselves. The second part consisted of a written exam that assessed my statistical analysis skills (I was told about this in the initial email invite, so no surprise there). I was told afterwards that they were still interviewing candidates and would get back to me within a week, but I was actually offered the position the next day. The entire process (form application to offer) took less than a week.

Interview Questions

• What are your research goals and areas of interest?   Answer Question
    • How does your current job relate to this one (at the time I was in a different field)?   Answer Question

I turned down the offer due to salary and rethinking my own career goals (it seemed difficult to truly progress unless you were planning to get a Ph.D.) but it was a great experience overall. Would not mind working with them in the future.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cuny Research Foundation (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

There was a phone call screen which lasted about 5 minutes where I was asked a few brief questions such as why I wanted the job, my related experience, my experience with statistics. Within a week they scheduled me for an in-person interview with 2 people, the interview lasted just over an hour. The interviewers were very friendly and the whole experience was very positive. I did not hear back from them following the interview for over 3 weeks, when I contacted them they told me that the position was being cancelled due to funding difficulties.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about previous research experience, familiarity with statistics (give examples), ability to prioritize between tasks.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cuny Research Foundation (Long Island City, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I was assigned to the TLC offices in Long Island City. The hiring process was pretty quick. I didn't get interviewed by the Research Foundation directly. Rather, The Taxi and Limousine Commission interviewed me. After applying I received a call in about a week. I was then interviewed by the director and supervisor of my department. They explained the nature of the job, and what to expect. It honestly felt more like a conversation than an interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to deal with an angry customer.   Answer Question

Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cuny Research Foundation (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Easy and direct, no major challenges. The faculty just discussed the position and what was needed. CUNY Research Foundation allows the faculty to do much of their own hiring and then we just need to go to HR to process the paperwork. Payment is quick and reliable.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

Applied online within a week got an email for an interview. Meet with 5 people including the director. We all chatted happily and I thought everything was going well but nothing. Didn't hear back and no offer.

Interview Questions

Interview

I was recommended by one of the directors, I was involved one of their programs, I got a called from them if I interested in a data analysis positions. I had short phone interview and I was emailed to set up an appointment with one of the directors. The interview went well and with-in 2 days I got confirmation that I am hired

Interview Questions

• It was easy, mostly common sense questions and some problem-solving questions   Answer Question

IT Specialist Interview

Interview

Was screened for HRA-Dept of social service, NYC agency. Director of online documentation and production and the project manager of IT took the interview. Was asked about my old experiences, what do I know about HRA, how can I contribute and so on. Interviewer were explaining about the business process and the responsibilities of the position.

Interview Questions

• What are the technologies I know. Explanation about projects I had done.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None