Cuny Research Foundation Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.1

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cuny Research Foundation (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

-I received a phone call from an employee from the CUNY 311 project. it was an over-the-phone interview. It was a very casual conversation because I was not told that the phone call was the first part of the interview process.

-In a few minutes, I received an email from the employee about whether I was still interested and given interview dates to choose from.

-The in-person interview was a one-on-one interview with another employee. It was very comfortable and laid-back. It was about why I wanted the job and my customer service experience. We went through my resume and transcript. There was also a roleplay scenario.

-Then I was given two tasks and asked to use the 311 website to answer the questions. I was given 30 minutes.

-Overall, it was a wonderful experience. The interviewers were very nice.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cuny Research Foundation (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Candidates hand in references, and wrote a short essay about 15 minutes then did one on one interview. Interviewer introduced the job requirement and asked the clinical questions, such as how do you utilize CBT in your social work experience.

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cuny Research Foundation (New York, NY).

Interview

Easy, the requirements were simple...you must be a college student, pass the drug test, and be somewhat similar major in the field you are applying for.

They might ask for your grade.

Interview Questions

• Which college do you go to? and what's your current GPA.   Answer Question

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cuny Research Foundation (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I met with the Program Supervisor and the Director of Programming. It was very laidback but informative, and I was asked about strengths and weaknesses and my ideas for what I envisioned the program to be. I was asked about innovative ideas and as a person who thinks outside the box, i was able to showcase ideas for a particular demographic of student.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel you can contribute to this position?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flushing, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cuny Research Foundation (Flushing, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I was contacted through an email to schedule an interview.I thought the interview was going well answered all the questions during what was a five minute interview.Thought I had a chance at getting the open position because of the qualifications that I have for the job.In actuality they already had someone in mind already that they knew they were going to hire the person in charge of hiring just had to make themselves look good and interview more than one person. In the future if you have someone in mind why bother wasting other candidates time if they never had a fighting chance to get the position anyway.It just to toy with people's emotions and make it seem that you may get a job that was already closed.The hiring manager at Queens college basically told me this on the phone that they already had someone else chosen in mind for the position even before my interview thanks for being finally honest with me at the Barry Commoner Center

Interview Questions

• I have a lot of people interviewing for this position so it may take a week to get back to you, what is your weakness and when could you start and why are you looking to chance jobs and why I like working in healthcare   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cuny Research Foundation (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

There was a phone call screen which lasted about 5 minutes where I was asked a few brief questions such as why I wanted the job, my related experience, my experience with statistics. Within a week they scheduled me for an in-person interview with 2 people, the interview lasted just over an hour. The interviewers were very friendly and the whole experience was very positive. I did not hear back from them following the interview for over 3 weeks, when I contacted them they told me that the position was being cancelled due to funding difficulties.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about previous research experience, familiarity with statistics (give examples), ability to prioritize between tasks.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cuny Research Foundation (Long Island City, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I was assigned to the TLC offices in Long Island City. The hiring process was pretty quick. I didn't get interviewed by the Research Foundation directly. Rather, The Taxi and Limousine Commission interviewed me. After applying I received a call in about a week. I was then interviewed by the director and supervisor of my department. They explained the nature of the job, and what to expect. It honestly felt more like a conversation than an interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to deal with an angry customer.   Answer Question

Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cuny Research Foundation (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Easy and direct, no major challenges. The faculty just discussed the position and what was needed. CUNY Research Foundation allows the faculty to do much of their own hiring and then we just need to go to HR to process the paperwork. Payment is quick and reliable.

Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cuny Research Foundation (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

The whole process is pleasant. The first step is to take a subject test. So your test result could be profiled. You could stop by the math lab to check if you pass the exam. They will contact you if you pass and they need tutors. The interview is done with three supervisors. Each asks few questions. You may expect to explain a simple algebra question. The whole process is pleasure.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself and solve a question in front of them.   Answer Question

IT ASSISTANT Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cuny Research Foundation (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

My professor contact me for the internship. He assigned a guy (who is the team member of his lab) to test my skills, and then talk with me for a while, That's the roughly interview process I think.