Cuny Research Foundation Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Cuny Research Foundation Interview Questions in New York City, NY

2.1

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cuny Research Foundation (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I met with the Program Supervisor and the Director of Programming. It was very laidback but informative, and I was asked about strengths and weaknesses and my ideas for what I envisioned the program to be. I was asked about innovative ideas and as a person who thinks outside the box, i was able to showcase ideas for a particular demographic of student.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel you can contribute to this position?   1 Answer

Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cuny Research Foundation (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

I met with the manager of the tutoring lab who asked me questions regarding my level in mathematics and experience teaching. After this I was given a skills quiz on mathematics. The quiz required that I explained the methods thoroughly as if I were teaching the students in the lab. It involved basic mathematical principles and logic.

Interview Questions

• What courses have you taken in Maths and computer science?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flushing, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cuny Research Foundation (Flushing, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I was contacted through an email to schedule an interview.I thought the interview was going well answered all the questions during what was a five minute interview.Thought I had a chance at getting the open position because of the qualifications that I have for the job.In actuality they already had someone in mind already that they knew they were going to hire the person in charge of hiring just had to make themselves look good and interview more than one person. In the future if you have someone in mind why bother wasting other candidates time if they never had a fighting chance to get the position anyway.It just to toy with people's emotions and make it seem that you may get a job that was already closed.The hiring manager at Queens college basically told me this on the phone that they already had someone else chosen in mind for the position even before my interview thanks for being finally honest with me at the Barry Commoner Center

Interview Questions

• I have a lot of people interviewing for this position so it may take a week to get back to you, what is your weakness and when could you start and why are you looking to chance jobs and why I like working in healthcare   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cuny Research Foundation (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

There was a phone call screen which lasted about 5 minutes where I was asked a few brief questions such as why I wanted the job, my related experience, my experience with statistics. Within a week they scheduled me for an in-person interview with 2 people, the interview lasted just over an hour. The interviewers were very friendly and the whole experience was very positive. I did not hear back from them following the interview for over 3 weeks, when I contacted them they told me that the position was being cancelled due to funding difficulties.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about previous research experience, familiarity with statistics (give examples), ability to prioritize between tasks.   Answer Question

Research Assistant PT Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cuny Research Foundation (New York, NY) in June 2010.

Interview

A professional colleague reccomended me for the role and I had a phone interview, which went well and I started the next wk. The management team was a great group and the company does great work. I would make sure that you speak clearly and articulately during the interview and demonstrate your communication skills, attention to detail and how well you work under direction.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you communicate?   Answer Question
    • Explain how you would convince someone to participate in completing the survey instrument, when they are not interested?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The pay was reasonable for the part-time work and I did not negotiate.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cuny Research Foundation (New York, NY) in May 2009.

Interview

I was led into a room by another administrative assistant and I was interviewed by the Office Manager and the Director of the program. They asked me questions about my previous positions and I went into detail about how I was organized and excelled at multi-tasking. Then they outlined the position. I would be the third of three administrative assistants. I would take care of my own grant and the Office Manager would be there to help me and train me and answer any questions.

IT Specialist Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cuny Research Foundation (New York, NY) in August 2008.

Interview

I uploaded my resume into my school resume database and after one month I was contacted directly by the agency office assistants for a on site interview. on that day I first met with the director of that office and then she sent me to the technical manage who is now my immediate supervisor. the manage asked me to use INFO pass to produce a copy of a form and then the interview is finished. I spent 30 minutes on doing the info pass form. later the offer was coming.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. just accept or decline the office. interview is some level comfortable if you know info pass.

Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cuny Research Foundation (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Easy and direct, no major challenges. The faculty just discussed the position and what was needed. CUNY Research Foundation allows the faculty to do much of their own hiring and then we just need to go to HR to process the paperwork. Payment is quick and reliable.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cuny Research Foundation (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

It was easy, interviewer asked basic questions about computers and wanted to know what career I wanted. They were hiring multiple people so the odds of getting the job was reasonable.

Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cuny Research Foundation (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

The whole process is pleasant. The first step is to take a subject test. So your test result could be profiled. You could stop by the math lab to check if you pass the exam. They will contact you if you pass and they need tutors. The interview is done with three supervisors. Each asks few questions. You may expect to explain a simple algebra question. The whole process is pleasure.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself and solve a question in front of them.   Answer Question