Cuny Research Foundation Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.2

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cuny Research Foundation (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

A panel of approximately ten persons consisting of current employees, directors and management discuss with you your strengths, weaknesses and passion for research. The setting is stern, sunny and glamorous. My interview got a little intense. I may have overdone showing them how passionate I was. But I really did care deeply for research and it was my dream at the time.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cuny Research Foundation (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Candidates hand in references, and wrote a short essay about 15 minutes then did one on one interview. Interviewer introduced the job requirement and asked the clinical questions, such as how do you utilize CBT in your social work experience.

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cuny Research Foundation (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I met with the Program Supervisor and the Director of Programming. It was very laidback but informative, and I was asked about strengths and weaknesses and my ideas for what I envisioned the program to be. I was asked about innovative ideas and as a person who thinks outside the box, i was able to showcase ideas for a particular demographic of student.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel you can contribute to this position?   1 Answer

Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cuny Research Foundation (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

I met with the manager of the tutoring lab who asked me questions regarding my level in mathematics and experience teaching. After this I was given a skills quiz on mathematics. The quiz required that I explained the methods thoroughly as if I were teaching the students in the lab. It involved basic mathematical principles and logic.

Interview Questions

• What courses have you taken in Maths and computer science?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flushing, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cuny Research Foundation (Flushing, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I was contacted through an email to schedule an interview.I thought the interview was going well answered all the questions during what was a five minute interview.Thought I had a chance at getting the open position because of the qualifications that I have for the job.In actuality they already had someone in mind already that they knew they were going to hire the person in charge of hiring just had to make themselves look good and interview more than one person. In the future if you have someone in mind why bother wasting other candidates time if they never had a fighting chance to get the position anyway.It just to toy with people's emotions and make it seem that you may get a job that was already closed.The hiring manager at Queens college basically told me this on the phone that they already had someone else chosen in mind for the position even before my interview thanks for being finally honest with me at the Barry Commoner Center

Interview Questions

• I have a lot of people interviewing for this position so it may take a week to get back to you, what is your weakness and when could you start and why are you looking to chance jobs and why I like working in healthcare   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cuny Research Foundation (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

There was a phone call screen which lasted about 5 minutes where I was asked a few brief questions such as why I wanted the job, my related experience, my experience with statistics. Within a week they scheduled me for an in-person interview with 2 people, the interview lasted just over an hour. The interviewers were very friendly and the whole experience was very positive. I did not hear back from them following the interview for over 3 weeks, when I contacted them they told me that the position was being cancelled due to funding difficulties.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about previous research experience, familiarity with statistics (give examples), ability to prioritize between tasks.   Answer Question

Research Assistant PT Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cuny Research Foundation (New York, NY) in June 2010.

Interview

A professional colleague reccomended me for the role and I had a phone interview, which went well and I started the next wk. The management team was a great group and the company does great work. I would make sure that you speak clearly and articulately during the interview and demonstrate your communication skills, attention to detail and how well you work under direction.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you communicate?   Answer Question
    • Explain how you would convince someone to participate in completing the survey instrument, when they are not interested?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The pay was reasonable for the part-time work and I did not negotiate.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cuny Research Foundation (New York, NY) in May 2009.

Interview

I was led into a room by another administrative assistant and I was interviewed by the Office Manager and the Director of the program. They asked me questions about my previous positions and I went into detail about how I was organized and excelled at multi-tasking. Then they outlined the position. I would be the third of three administrative assistants. I would take care of my own grant and the Office Manager would be there to help me and train me and answer any questions.

IT Specialist Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cuny Research Foundation (New York, NY) in August 2008.

Interview

I uploaded my resume into my school resume database and after one month I was contacted directly by the agency office assistants for a on site interview. on that day I first met with the director of that office and then she sent me to the technical manage who is now my immediate supervisor. the manage asked me to use INFO pass to produce a copy of a form and then the interview is finished. I spent 30 minutes on doing the info pass form. later the offer was coming.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. just accept or decline the office. interview is some level comfortable if you know info pass.

Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cuny Research Foundation (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

I applied online through the CUNY website and submitted a resume. They contacted me later for a short 15 minute interview at CUNY DOE HQ in Brooklyn, NY. Apparently, some people who applied weren't even in a technical field.

Interview Questions

• A few behavioral questions and some technical questions about basic IT topics such as networks, IPs, and how you would try to troubleshoot a printer.   Answer Question