Cuny Research Foundation Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.2

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cuny Research Foundation (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

A panel of approximately ten persons consisting of current employees, directors and management discuss with you your strengths, weaknesses and passion for research. The setting is stern, sunny and glamorous. My interview got a little intense. I may have overdone showing them how passionate I was. But I really did care deeply for research and it was my dream at the time.

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cuny Research Foundation (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

-I received a phone call from an employee from the CUNY 311 project. it was an over-the-phone interview. It was a very casual conversation because I was not told that the phone call was the first part of the interview process.

-In a few minutes, I received an email from the employee about whether I was still interested and given interview dates to choose from.

-The in-person interview was a one-on-one interview with another employee. It was very comfortable and laid-back. It was about why I wanted the job and my customer service experience. We went through my resume and transcript. There was also a roleplay scenario.

-Then I was given two tasks and asked to use the 311 website to answer the questions. I was given 30 minutes.

-Overall, it was a wonderful experience. The interviewers were very nice.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cuny Research Foundation (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Candidates hand in references, and wrote a short essay about 15 minutes then did one on one interview. Interviewer introduced the job requirement and asked the clinical questions, such as how do you utilize CBT in your social work experience.

Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cuny Research Foundation (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Easy and direct, no major challenges. The faculty just discussed the position and what was needed. CUNY Research Foundation allows the faculty to do much of their own hiring and then we just need to go to HR to process the paperwork. Payment is quick and reliable.

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cuny Research Foundation (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I met with the Program Supervisor and the Director of Programming. It was very laidback but informative, and I was asked about strengths and weaknesses and my ideas for what I envisioned the program to be. I was asked about innovative ideas and as a person who thinks outside the box, i was able to showcase ideas for a particular demographic of student.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel you can contribute to this position?   1 Answer

Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cuny Research Foundation (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

I met with the manager of the tutoring lab who asked me questions regarding my level in mathematics and experience teaching. After this I was given a skills quiz on mathematics. The quiz required that I explained the methods thoroughly as if I were teaching the students in the lab. It involved basic mathematical principles and logic.

Interview Questions

• What courses have you taken in Maths and computer science?   Answer Question

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cuny Research Foundation (New York, NY).

Interview

Easy, the requirements were simple...you must be a college student, pass the drug test, and be somewhat similar major in the field you are applying for.

They might ask for your grade.

Interview Questions

• Which college do you go to? and what's your current GPA.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flushing, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cuny Research Foundation (Flushing, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I was contacted through an email to schedule an interview.I thought the interview was going well answered all the questions during what was a five minute interview.Thought I had a chance at getting the open position because of the qualifications that I have for the job.In actuality they already had someone in mind already that they knew they were going to hire the person in charge of hiring just had to make themselves look good and interview more than one person. In the future if you have someone in mind why bother wasting other candidates time if they never had a fighting chance to get the position anyway.It just to toy with people's emotions and make it seem that you may get a job that was already closed.The hiring manager at Queens college basically told me this on the phone that they already had someone else chosen in mind for the position even before my interview thanks for being finally honest with me at the Barry Commoner Center

Interview Questions

• I have a lot of people interviewing for this position so it may take a week to get back to you, what is your weakness and when could you start and why are you looking to chance jobs and why I like working in healthcare   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cuny Research Foundation (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

There was a phone call screen which lasted about 5 minutes where I was asked a few brief questions such as why I wanted the job, my related experience, my experience with statistics. Within a week they scheduled me for an in-person interview with 2 people, the interview lasted just over an hour. The interviewers were very friendly and the whole experience was very positive. I did not hear back from them following the interview for over 3 weeks, when I contacted them they told me that the position was being cancelled due to funding difficulties.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about previous research experience, familiarity with statistics (give examples), ability to prioritize between tasks.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cuny Research Foundation (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

It was easy, interviewer asked basic questions about computers and wanted to know what career I wanted. They were hiring multiple people so the odds of getting the job was reasonable.