Curian Capital Inside Wholesaler Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Curian Capital Inside Wholesaler Interview Questions

Inside Wholesaler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Curian Capital (Denver, CO) in November 2010.

Interview

Two interviews over the phone. The first was about 15 minutes, the other was an hour long with the boss of the first interviewer. I was flown for an interview for a face-to-face interview. The first was with a panel of three middle manager types. They were in their 30s and very nice people. It appeared they were new at interviewing and didn't really want to be there. They gave a half-hearted, perfunctory effort as they seemed to want to get back to their desks and to their regular work. The questions they asked didn't lead to any sort of destination. They seem to be making them up on the fly. In other words, the answers to their questions wouldn't have given them anything meaningful about me and how I might relate to the position for which I was interviewing, or Curian. Next, I was taken into a large conference room to met with the CEO and several division vice presidents. They did not appear to be trained to interview as they violated two laws with two questions they asked. The more they talked the more I realized their company culture smelled like Lehman Brothers. Three of the them had the "Master of the Universe" personality. It was then I realized I had made a mistake in accepting their invitation (read Liar's Poker and The Big Short both by Michael Lewis). They asked two really bad questions and I gave them very bad answers that I felt would would cause them to end the interview so I could get back to the airport in time for my flight. These guys would have been very difficult for me to work for as I could not stand their inflated egos and arrogance.

Interview Questions

• How much money did you make last year?   1 Answer