Currys PC World Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Currys PC World Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2017

2.3

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Currys PC World.

Interview

Applied online on the website.it was a huge group at the interview day had to get selected from a group of 27. did a lot of group exercises and the a one to one. 5 got selected. Things have changed now tho.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Currys PC World.

Interview

Mine was very welcoming and made me feel an individual.My interviewer put me at ease.She was a very friendly and understanding person.The questions asked were all Customer Servi ce focused

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Currys PC World (Lincoln, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Went into the office and had a 10 minute chat about the role and what was expected of the employee if successful, also talked about pay etc. Then we had a 15 minute section where I was asked questions about my self

Sales Colleague Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swansea, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Currys PC World (Swansea, Wales (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

I first applied online a few weeks ago and then received a phone call (form an unknown number) about a week ago. This call turned out to be the phone interview. I then received another call a day later saying I had passed the phone interview and if I would be interested in an in-store interview.

The in-store interview consisted of some traditional interview questions, and then a role play scenario. The role play required me to look over a brochure of some tablets and then ask the interviewer a series of questions to determine which product would be best suited for them.

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Currys PC World.

Interview

My interview was in four parts:
    - Online test. You use a slider to indicate how you would prioritise actions in a hypothetical work situation.

-Phone interview. About a week later I got a call from one of the managers in the store. If they call you up to take your application further they actually ask you some interview questions there and then on the phone. Stuff like "Why do you want to work for us", and "tell me about your previous experience". In hindsight the call was just to find out how you speak and what your energy levels are like.
    ** be warned that the number they call from was a private number. It took me a while to work out what was going on and that I was being assessed.

-In store role play. They get you to choose a product and sell it to them (although I've also heard of people being told what product they should sell). The manager who did my phone interview played as the customer and I was the sales assistant. The key here is to ask the customer loads of questions to work out what they need- not to push something on them. Ask them what they need the device for and give them some options. Ask them if they have thought about internet security- say that we provide that. Ask them if they need software like microsoft office, etc.

-Final one-on-one interview. Mine was with the store manager and was a traditional back and forth about your past experience working in sales, working with a team, hitting targets, etc. This is also their chance to find out what hours you are available for and if you will work weekends and public holidays. As always in a retail role- flexibility will make you a better applicant.

Overall a pretty laid back interview process. My interviewers were nice people and definitely went out of their way to make things easy. They don't want you to be perfect, and an extensive knowledge of their products is definitely not a must (you will learn on the job) but they can tell if you're the right kind of person for the job or not and how natural you are.

**Also worth noting that they really favour people with prior retail experience. I can't be sure on this but I don't know if they would hire people without it unless they were exceptional candidates. Think of it as one step up from standard retail.

As someone who was hired- there are good company perks, laid back working atmosphere if your workmates are good, generally rewarding and good customers. However there are targets and you are expected to meet them individually and as a team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were really proud of something you achieved in the work environment   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you worked well as a team   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you worked as a team to hit a sales target   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Currys PC World (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

Compency based interview and shop floor sales role play. Usual questions on teamwork and working under pressure. I had 10 mins to learn about a product then tried to sell it to the shop floor manager

Interview Questions

• When did you work as part of a team   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Currys PC World.

Interview

Waited about ten minutes for a manager to escort me to a small interview room. Initially applied for carphone warehouse but two managers present at interview as both carphone and currys were recruiting at the time.

Both really nice people and interview was laid back.

I left the interview fairly confident about my chances. I was told that I would hear back later that day.

I was rang later by the manager of currys PCWORLD with a job offer which I happily accepted.

Retail Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Currys PC World.

Interview

I was asked about previous sales experience, and basic questions regarding computers, it was ok. I received a response 2 days later and started a week after the response. I negogiated the hours i can work and the days i was available.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negogiated the hours i can work and the days i was available.

Christmas Temp Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Currys PC World.

Interview

Went to a group interview in which we did activities to get to know each other and experience working as a team. The interview with senior staff members was quick and easy, my interviewer was friendly and welcoming. Didnt get the job but was a good experience.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Currys PC World (Leeds, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied via their website and was called less than a week later. It was a very informal and quick process and just standard as most interviews go. There was no communication between the management team and the store manager. When I was told to meet with him, he had no idea who I was, if I was part or full time or even what job I would be doing.

Interview Questions

• It mainly compromised of situation based questions. E.g. Tell me about a time you experienced this kind of situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question