Currys PC World Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Currys PC World Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated May 2, 2017

2.2

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Currys PC World.

Interview

My interview was in four parts:
    - Online test. You use a slider to indicate how you would prioritise actions in a hypothetical work situation.

-Phone interview. About a week later I got a call from one of the managers in the store. If they call you up to take your application further they actually ask you some interview questions there and then on the phone. Stuff like "Why do you want to work for us", and "tell me about your previous experience". In hindsight the call was just to find out how you speak and what your energy levels are like.
    ** be warned that the number they call from was a private number. It took me a while to work out what was going on and that I was being assessed.

-In store role play. They get you to choose a product and sell it to them (although I've also heard of people being told what product they should sell). The manager who did my phone interview played as the customer and I was the sales assistant. The key here is to ask the customer loads of questions to work out what they need- not to push something on them. Ask them what they need the device for and give them some options. Ask them if they have thought about internet security- say that we provide that. Ask them if they need software like microsoft office, etc.

-Final one-on-one interview. Mine was with the store manager and was a traditional back and forth about your past experience working in sales, working with a team, hitting targets, etc. This is also their chance to find out what hours you are available for and if you will work weekends and public holidays. As always in a retail role- flexibility will make you a better applicant.

Overall a pretty laid back interview process. My interviewers were nice people and definitely went out of their way to make things easy. They don't want you to be perfect, and an extensive knowledge of their products is definitely not a must (you will learn on the job) but they can tell if you're the right kind of person for the job or not and how natural you are.

**Also worth noting that they really favour people with prior retail experience. I can't be sure on this but I don't know if they would hire people without it unless they were exceptional candidates. Think of it as one step up from standard retail.

As someone who was hired- there are good company perks, laid back working atmosphere if your workmates are good, generally rewarding and good customers. However there are targets and you are expected to meet them individually and as a team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were really proud of something you achieved in the work environment   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you worked well as a team   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you worked as a team to hit a sales target   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Currys PC World.

Interview

Waited about ten minutes for a manager to escort me to a small interview room. Initially applied for carphone warehouse but two managers present at interview as both carphone and currys were recruiting at the time.

Both really nice people and interview was laid back.

I left the interview fairly confident about my chances. I was told that I would hear back later that day.

I was rang later by the manager of currys PCWORLD with a job offer which I happily accepted.

Retail Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Currys PC World.

Interview

I was asked about previous sales experience, and basic questions regarding computers, it was ok. I received a response 2 days later and started a week after the response. I negogiated the hours i can work and the days i was available.

Interview Questions

• What is an harddrive? What is memory in a PC used for?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negogiated the hours i can work and the days i was available.

Christmas Temp Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Currys PC World.

Interview

Went to a group interview in which we did activities to get to know each other and experience working as a team. The interview with senior staff members was quick and easy, my interviewer was friendly and welcoming. Didnt get the job but was a good experience.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Currys PC World (Leeds, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied via their website and was called less than a week later. It was a very informal and quick process and just standard as most interviews go. There was no communication between the management team and the store manager. When I was told to meet with him, he had no idea who I was, if I was part or full time or even what job I would be doing.

Interview Questions

• It mainly compromised of situation based questions. E.g. Tell me about a time you experienced this kind of situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Temporary Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hull, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Currys PC World (Hull, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied via their website, after 2 days i was invited to the one to one interview. The interview is structured interview by store manager. Interview lasted around 25 minutes.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Currys PC World (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Laid back and easy to talk to the manager. He just asked me a number of questions about why i wanted to work for them, he was also just joking around and the whole thing was just a conversation

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us   1 Answer

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Currys PC World.

Interview

Quite informal interview with a manager. Interview lasted around 20 minutes. Only had to answer some questions eventhough email said there would be role play as well. Interviews are rated between 1 and 4. Sales experience required even though I was told otherwise

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Currys PC World (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

25 minute Discovery session where you're walk around the shop floor and speak with staff or customers and look at different products. Then a one to one interview which lasted around 30 mins but was fairly easily.

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Currys PC World.

Interview

The process was to quick and easy. The store manager asked me 4 easy questions and within 10 minutes of me entering, i was offered the position, by far the easiest interview i have ever had.