Curtiss-Wright Controls Defense Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Curtiss-Wright Controls Defense Solutions Interview Questions

3.2

Manager, Prize Development At X Prize Foundation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Curtiss-Wright Controls Defense Solutions (Santa Monica, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

There was an online screening component for the X Prize Foundation. They were interested in knowing how large a budget you have managed, and level of Excel expertise (it appears that they were interested in advanced or intermediate competency including Pivotal tables, VLOOKUP, etc). They also inquired whether the individual possessed a PMP certification, MBA degree, etc.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a PMP certification or an MBA?   1 Answer

Technical Product Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Curtiss-Wright Controls Defense Solutions (Ashburn, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

Basic initial phone screening by HR, followed by onsite interview. Onsite interview consisted of two sessions - initial 1 hour meeting with a room full of development managers (who would have been colleagues) all at once and a lunch meeting with upper management (including direct supervisor). They want working managers who will not just oversee staff and support complex technical problem-solving, but rather also actively participate in R&D activities (software/firmware development, board design, etc). Technical questions were reasonable. Managerial questions were focused on management style and clearly demonstrating an ability to deliver projects on schedule and on budget.

Interview Questions

• 1) Tell us about yourself (i.e. review of experience as it pertains to the job you are applying for)

2) Tell us about a time when you had to introduce a formal process to your design team and how you went about instituting it.

3) How do you communicate with your direct reports?

4) How did you know that your projects were on track? What metrics did you use?

5) Tell us about a time when you might have lacked sufficient technical knowledge regarding a problem and how you handled management of the issue and resolved the problem.

6) What are some of the tools which you have used to diagnose, troubleshoot and solve technical problems?

7) Tell us something interesting about yourself unrelated to work.
      Answer Question

Quality Assurance Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Littleton, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Curtiss-Wright Controls Defense Solutions (Littleton, MA).

Interview

It was very detailed in the position I applied for. The supervisor was very knowledgeable and made me relax. I was able to answer the questions with ease. The other supervisors I was introduced to made me feel like I already worked there.

Interview Questions

• What could I contribte to the Quality Department in order for them to consider hiring me.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Curtiss-Wright Controls Defense Solutions in June 2016.

Interview

Hardware engineer from the company came over to university to perform the interview. Began with the standard questions: what do you know about our company, previous work/project experience, etc. The rest of the interview consisted of only technical questions, one of the harder interviews I've had but overall not too bad. Interviewer was very engaged, respectful and gave feedback at the end which was really helpful.

Interview Questions

• Topics consisted of some basic circuit analysis, impedance matching, I2C. Was asked how i would go about fixing a broken board (i.e. what I would check first)   Answer Question

Hardware Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Curtiss-Wright Controls Defense Solutions.

Interview

Phone screening type interview, HR asked about previous employment details, background, and how it pertained to skills and experience requirements as listed in job ad.
    Next interviews were in-person, 2 sets of interviews each with team lead and another designer. All technical questions on high speed board design and layout, power system design, decoupling, vias, crosstalk, stackup, etc.
    Invited for 2nd interview, and advised about salary range for position. Declined since salary range was below expectations.

Interview Questions

• Questions seemed like they were taken from "High Speed Digital Design" (Johnson) or "Signal Integrity Issues and Printed Circuit Board Design" (Brooks).   Answer Question

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Curtiss-Wright Controls Defense Solutions.

Interview

Normal inverview, called 5 minutes late, talked about postion, asked questions about resume then some easy technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What does volatiile/static mean?   Answer Question
    • How can you check if the stack is growing or shrinking (without dis-assembly or tools)? (C)   1 Answer
    • What is the main difference between an RTOS and a normal OS?   1 Answer

Told them on the spot that I have a better offer.

Engineering Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kanata, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Curtiss-Wright Controls Defense Solutions (Kanata, ON (Canada)).

Interview

There was a single interview as is normal for co-op jobs. The interviewer began by asking about my experience and further questions were based off of that. After that the interviewer explained the positions and we had a chat about the company culture and the responsibilities.

Logistics Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Curtiss-Wright Controls Defense Solutions (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in January 2012.

Interview

Was very thorough, the questions were directly related to the job description. They allowed me to explain how my skills were applicable to the job. They asks vey pointed questions that allowed for a clear explanation of my skill sets.

Interview Questions

• Precise and very applicable   1 Answer