Curtiss-Wright Controls Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 10, 2017

2.7

General Laborer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Curtiss-Wright Controls (Fremont, IN) in January 2016.

Interview

An interview initially begins with making the right and a good impression on the employer. Make sure your dedication and dependency are known. After an interview I like to call the employer for a follow up and to show them that I am still interested in working for the company. Thank them for their time and consideration.

Interview Questions

• Can I stand for 8hours or more   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Curtiss-Wright Controls.

Interview

I applied through their website and the HR contacted me within a week via phone and email to schedule an interview, which I did that same Friday. The interview was about 15 minutes and there were no technical questions asked. It was more of a personal get to know you type of interview and was done by the Software Manager. He asked about projects I've done and what makes me more qualified than the other interns that he interviewed.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Industry, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Curtiss-Wright Controls (Industry, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Phone interview was very detail oriented. Had very specific algorithmic questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain the level of embedded programming you did while in school   Answer Question

Senior Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Curtiss-Wright Controls (Ashburn, VA) in January 2013.

Interview

Very good. I enjoyed every bit of the process. It was very well organized and highly intellectual. It was one of the interviews where, even if I didn't get the job, I would have walked away with the confidence that I had a mind blowing, self satisfying interview. Because, at that stage, no one ever knows what the odds or because, no clue what the competition was.
    The entire process took about 3 to 4 hours. I spoke to about 5 people. Two (would be) team mates who were software engineers. A manager (came to know later that he was not my hiring manager) and other two engineers from a different project.

Interview Questions

• Everything from people management, team play to technical question related to hardware, RTOS, C, assembly, troubleshooting.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Curtiss-Wright Controls (South Bend, IN) in August 2012.

Interview

Introduction to management and facility, interview by Director of Engineering, interview by team of Engineers from New Product Introduction Engineering to manufacturing. Detailed questions on background design projects and familiarity with manufacturing processes.

Interview Questions

• Work Experience and Background in the Aerospace field.   1 Answer

Purchasing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shelby, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Curtiss-Wright Controls (Shelby, NC) in June 2012.

Interview

Interview was as a normal interview. Interviewed with two people. Was asked regular interview questions by both people. They were very nice and pleasant and made me feel comfortable. A good interview overall.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to do whatever is necessary. Are you familiar with MS Office. Are you comfortable speaking with suppliers.   1 Answer

Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Curtiss-Wright Controls in March 2012.

Interview

hiring manager is very nice. asking a lot of team work and behavior questions.. the entire process is very fast and efficient. meet the team and visit the office after the interview.

Electronic Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmingdale, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Curtiss-Wright Controls (Farmingdale, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

The interview I received started off well. I was greeted by a secretary who provided me the proper paperwork to fill out. I was then greeted by the plant manager who asked the standard introductory questions as well as looking at my resume. A long time Electronic Technician (over 30 yrs at the company) was brought in to administer a brief exam. I was then taken on a tour of the facilities. I was actually impressed by what I saw. They were quick to point out that they were building a development lab and that even though I was being hired to replace the person who was being promoted to the development lab, I could be a possible candidate for the position if I were up to speed in time for the lab launch. After the tour I was immediately offered the position and asked my salary requirements. After a brief discussion, we all agreed to terms and I was told I was to start the next day.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions but I was surprised at how easy the exam phase of the interview was.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was very short. It was apparent that I was overqualified for the position and they immediately started to assume a defensive position regarding salary as they expected me to deliver a higher number than they were probably willing to except for the position. I actually undersold myself slightly. I ended up being assigned to the development lab as the supervisor after only a month on the testing floor.

Senior Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Curtiss-Wright Controls (Ashburn, VA) in August 2011.

Interview

Company recruiter did initial screening over phone,
    Project manager spoke over the phone, a detailed one. Lasted for about an hr. Mainly spoke about my work so far.
    Me against four engineers plus the project manager who was in and out. Good test for communication & how truthful one is on the resume. Lasted for half the day.

Interview Questions

• How will you let go a sub ordinate if you do not like the person even though he/she is a good engineer?   Answer Question

Got a good offer with good benefits package. From some highly reliable sources came to know that the work ethics are very poor. Heard very bad & tricky things about how projects are handled. Not a place for innovation & ideas. (Reminds me of that ad in the post.)