Curtiss-Wright Flow Control Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Curtiss-Wright Flow Control Interview Questions

2.2

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Curtiss-Wright Flow Control (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

Just one phone interview with HR department. They asked simple questions that were pretty straight forward. The whole process was easy and I recommend any supply management interested people to apply.

Employee Interview

Interview

Intense and not very organized. Had to meet multiple times instead of getting everyone together on one day. Most interviewers wanted to chat about themselves and their accomplishments instead of asking professional interview questions.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Curtiss-Wright Flow Control (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

They use the Lominger Competencies, which are 'situation based' questions. They ask you to describe a situation, how you handled it, and what the outcomes were. I thought this was a good method but it was a bit overkill. Those were the only types of questions they asked, and after a certain point, you don't have many other experiences to pull from. The questions can be somewhat similar, so I ended up using the same experience to answer multiple questions. The interview was with a panel of 3-5 people.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you realized you made a mistake at work. What steps did you take to remedy the situation, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Curtiss-Wright Flow Control (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Group and individual interviews by hiring manager, hiring manager's boss, and HR representative. Casual discussion about ambitions (personal and company) mostly, felt relaxed. Interview team was well prepared. No technical discussion, assumed technical credentials on resume were valid. HR representative followed up well. Received offer before getting tour of offices/facilities. I think that each business unit within the company has its own process/style for hiring.

Interview Questions

• What will be your commitment to the company?   1 Answer

Electro-Mechanical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Curtiss-Wright Flow Control (Houston, TX) in December 2012.

Interview

contacted by human resources, set up interview with production manager and shop foreman. Interview went well following background check and drug test, I was made an offer of which I accepted. was put to work immediately.

Interview Questions

• How much depth did I have as far as hydraulic knowledge, limited do to fact that I worked pneumatic equipment and low voltage controls   Answer Question

Negotiation

professional and diligent

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brecksville, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Curtiss-Wright Flow Control (Brecksville, OH).

Interview

I had a very good phone interview, which included 3 people -- 2 were managers, and 1 was an HR rep. Questions were a little tough but still fair, I handled them well, and the managers said that they would invite me to an in-person interview. So the phone interview was successful. However, after a week or so of no response, I attempted to reach (by phone) the HR rep to follow up about the in-person interview that I was promised. I never did get a return call. This is disappointing, because I have no idea what happened. I explained all this on a voicemail to the HR rep, but still no response, it is as if they changed their minds and didn't want to inform me. I feel this is unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• The questions were the usual kind an engineer would be asked, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Middleburg Heights, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Curtiss-Wright Flow Control (Middleburg Heights, OH) in March 2011.

Interview

Interviewed through phone and on-site visit. Phone interview was about an hour long. On-site interview was about 4 hours. Thoroughly questioned to determine if I met qualification requirements along the way. Met several employees I would eventually be working with. They explained the hiring process in detail and also reviewed job functions.

Interview Questions

• How familiar was I with industry standards specific to my job duties?   1 Answer

Electrical Assembly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Curtiss-Wright Flow Control (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by a Staffing Services and asked to interview for a position with the company. I was sent for a drug test prior to my formal interview. I showed up for my interview and showed some hesitance as the job description was vague, interviewer was rude and the necessary skills were minimal. I declined the position at the interview however I was contacted the next day asking me to just give it a day or two as they had already paid for drug testing. After a few hours of deliberation I decided to go to work.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to identify basic electrical components and wire gauges as printed on a electrical schematic? (example provided)   Answer Question

Negotiation

They office a rate, you take it or walk. Nothing more

Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Curtiss-Wright Flow Control (Santa Clarita, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

HR rep, emailed me about expressing their interest in me. Wanted to bring me in onsite for a 1 day interview, which was fine, because the site is not very far from my house. First met with HR rep, who proceeded to sit me down with the hiring manager. Spent maybe 1 hour talking about what I do, and stuff on my resume. Felt pretty good talking to him. Then spent 15 min interviewing with the Software Eng Manager, and just wanted to know my background. In all, not many skills questions was asked.
    Was not impressed with the size of the company, environment seemed awfully cramped. Secretly, glad was not offered the position due to those comments.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Curtiss-Wright Flow Control (Falls Church, VA) in April 2009.

Interview

Referred by a recruiter to interview for EA position working with 2 VPs, Recruiter tested my MS Office skills and did a preliminary screening first. Met with both VPs on the same day. Was told that I would be notified within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was little negotiation as I was told that the salary was set.