CustomInk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CustomInk Interview Questions

Updated Aug 2, 2017

Temporary Customer Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CustomInk (Reno, NV) in July 2017.

Interview

This interview was very thorough, but I really enjoyed the process. They first give you a tour of the company building and then you sit down to do a skills test. The skills test is math and navigating their site. After that you go into a room and interview with two current employees. They were extremely nice and the interview wasn't stuffy at all. Then after that you sit with an employee and just shadow them for about 30min. Once that is done you go into your final interview with the manager. He was super friendly and personable. I did get offered the position but ultimately had to turn it down once talking it over more with my family. I would definitely interview again if they had a permanent position available.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you needed to be creative to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CustomInk (Charlottesville, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

Honestly, I was not impressed by the interview process. The two managers who interviewed did several things I felt were rude or disingenuous. A few of those things were:

1. They read from scripts.
    2. One of the managers was texting on his phone during the interview. He tried to hide it behind the table like I wouldn't see it.
    3. They weren't engaged at all.
    4. All the questions started with "Tell me about a time when..." there was no communication beyond these questions.

The whole interview was scripted and painful. Halfway through I was trying to figure out how to politely and professionally excuse myself because of the questions and their behavior.

I left hoping they wouldn't send me a job offer.

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CustomInk (Fairfax, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of one preliminary phone screen with the recruiter, followed by a videoconference with the hiring manager. The questions were about my interest in the position, the company, and related work experience. I was then asked to complete an exercise to test my skills and expertise in merchandising. A week later, I was asked to come in for a half day of in-person interviews, which included four one-hour interviews with various team members and an office tour. Everyone I spoke with was very passionate about the company and the culture. They were genuinely interested in understanding my previous experience, work-style, and how I would respond to various situations to ensure I was a good fit for the team and the company. This was one of the best interview experiences I’ve had, which is why I was excited to receive and accept the offer!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to solve a problem and the steps you took to do it.   Answer Question

Part Time Expert Production Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CustomInk (Fairfax, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online was called a couple days later to make an appointment for a phone interview. A week after the phone interview went in for a 2 on one interview which lasted 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• How did you get where you are today?
      Have you ever had a problem when technology didn't work? How did you deal with it?
      Why do you want this position?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

There were three phone interviews. One with HR two with staff members. Each phone interview took about one hour and touched on a variety of web development topics, such as database structures and planing.

Expert Production Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CustomInk (Reno, NV).

Interview

It was good at first, but things went downhill fast with egos and superiority complexes.
    They expect you to be fast and accurate for little pay. "productivity and accuracy" meanwhile the supervisors and managers have never had to accomplish these "goals" they will give you a hard time if you dont reach the set goals. its very hypocritical.

Interview Questions

• most questions were normal, nothing memorable. maybe one question they asked that i can remember is how did you help solve a problem - which is kind of the norm in any interview. nothing special.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at CustomInk (Charlottesville, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied for a job at CustomInk in Charlottesville, Va. I was encouraged to apply by some friends and was very glad I did. The initial offline overview was great, the woman very nice and asking general questions as well as answering any questions I had. After that interview I was asked to come in for an in person interview at the production facility. I was greeted by a nice young lady who got one of the Inkers to give me a tour. He knew his stuff and was very passionate about his work, very friendly. Gave advice and seemed generally invested in the company. The next interview was with the two Production managers who were great but about learning who I was and if I was a good fit. After a few specific questions about work ethic and flexibility, and responses from everybody it seemed like it was clearly a good fit. After thanks and handshakes I went home. I later received a call a few days later with an offer. Very straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you failed your team and how you reacted to the situation. How did you fix the problem, or could you?   Answer Question

Desktop Support Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CustomInk.

Interview

Applied Online / Answer ~10 questions about your experiences a n d detail / Got rejected because the reason there are too many candidates applied for this position!! ..... W h a t ? ....

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CustomInk (Charlottesville, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied and received a response via email pretty quickly. A couple of days later I was doing a phone interview. The lady seemed nice and used the word "cool" a lot, as if trying to come off like a laid back progressive company. She was friendly and I thought the interview went great. I have a background in arts and crafts, customer service, and retail. But I guess I'm not what they're looking for. I thought it went great. But two days later. Nope. Don't get personal with them. They care about numbers and they want to make sure you can crank out the numbers on a daily basis. I thought I would've been a good fit but I got an email saying "due to the strong response for this job opening, we decided not to move forward as were considering better candidates for the role." Which really doesn't make sense in my opinion because they've been advertising that they're hiring ever since they day they moved into this place. If I'm not a good fit for the role, I don't know who is. Maybe if they actually hired some people they could simmer down with the radio ads, online ads, newspaper ads, magazine ads, recruiters etc who've bombarded Charlottesville on a daily basis ever since they moved here. Someone trying to justify their jobs maybe?

Interview Questions

• Very first question of the interview was "What have you been up to"?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CustomInk (Charlottesville, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

I submitted my application and got a call 2 weeks later to come in for an interview the next day. I showed up and was greeted by the head of the hiring department. He was cool and we talked for about 30 monutes. It all seemed very relaxed and it seemed positive. I went on a tour and met some current employees who all seemed chipper and then for about an hour at the end i was put in a room with 2 people who thoroughly reviewed my resume. Like you need qualifications for an entry level manufacturong job. They practically attacked me verbally while scrutinizing my work history.

Interview Questions

• So you say you want to move out of food service but it only seems like youve spent... 14 months doing that. It seems to me like you just lack dedication. Please explain this.   1 Answer