CustomInk Interview Questions in Reno, NV | Glassdoor

CustomInk Interview Questions in Reno, NV

3.2

Expert Production Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CustomInk (Reno, NV).

Interview

It was good at first, but things went downhill fast with egos and superiority complexes.
    They expect you to be fast and accurate for little pay. "productivity and accuracy" meanwhile the supervisors and managers have never had to accomplish these "goals" they will give you a hard time if you dont reach the set goals. its very hypocritical.

Interview Questions

• most questions were normal, nothing memorable. maybe one question they asked that i can remember is how did you help solve a problem - which is kind of the norm in any interview. nothing special.   1 Answer

Singles Satisfaction Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CustomInk (Reno, NV) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process is a little long. After completing your application, you are invited to complete a video interview through hireview. After the viseo interview, they invite you to a phone interview. This step was very informative as you go over the position with a representative. The latest step is in an person interview where you are invited to the local office to complete a tour, short interview and job shadow.

Sales and Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CustomInk (Reno, NV) in March 2016.

Interview

I went through 3 interviews. I had to post a video, do a phone interview and then an in person interview, which takes about 3 hours. They test your computer skills and actively judge your personality in reference to the companies core values. It was a friendly, engaging process. If you do the phone interview you have to download this app and it give you two chances to record your answers so if possible take the first one as a mock-run and then really focus on the second recording of your answer for each question. Pay attention to detail. A lot of the questions they will ask are sort of hidden in the reading you will have to do and relate to each layer of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a time where you had to take initiative in sales/ related to sales.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Logistics Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at CustomInk (Reno, NV) in December 2015.

Interview

A very long process to be turned down immediately. You have to go through an initial set of questions when submitting your application. Once you are picked from that, you must first do a video interview recording your answers to submit. If you get past that round, you then have a phone interview and from there are asked if you can come into the office for a physical interview where you receive a tour of the office, the interview itself and then you do some sample exercises and then shadow a current employee.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in your current job where you could not meet the customer's needs/satisfaction.   Answer Question

Expert Production Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at CustomInk (Reno, NV) in December 2015.

Interview

I first had a phone interview, they ask basic interview questions I.e. a time you had to drive a difficult problem ext. After that I had to complete a PDF assessment redrawing since basic shakes and then some logos, after spending two hours with that they have you come in for a 4 hour in house interview with twob people asking you eventually the same questions over again, then they sit you down for yet another drawing quiz, this time there are full pixle images with very high detail, they expect you to bang out 10 of these... Which I find highly improbable. After that stupid test that is impossible to complete they have you shake someone for an hour. After that house of having no idea what system of tools the whether is using you go into yet another interview, which of course is the same questions asked as before. After all of this I feel that I should have been getting paid for the amount of time or into this application process, I have never seen anything this ridiculous. Why have someone shadow for an hour yet not have hired them yet? The whole experience seemed excitedly intimidating. Was not chosen, after all that, with no explication as to why.

Interview Questions

• A time when you had to correct a mistake   1 Answer

Logistics Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CustomInk (Reno, NV) in November 2015.

Interview

Took about 2 months for interview process to be complete. They won't hire you if you have kids. They only want fresh out of college slaves to hire at minimum base pay.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work mandatory overtime   1 Answer

Sales and Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CustomInk (Reno, NV).

Interview

You'll have a phone interview first. SMILE while you're on this call; smiling help you sound more chipper on the phone. Engage and be personable. Above experience, they're looking for personality.

The face-to-face interview took about 3 hours long. First, you'll have an easy test to take (color counts, taking notes, etc). Your typing efficiency and speed will then be tested. Then you'll be asked to create a t-shirt design based on a mock customer order.

Second, you'll be interviewed by a couple of team managers. Questions are pretty typical of an interview; how would you handle certain situations with customers or team members. Fairly easy.

Afterward, you'll sit in on a few incoming calls with a S&S Representative. Lastly, you'll meet the sales floor manager. I was hired on the spot. If you're not hired on the spot, I've heard from others that they do contact within a few days (if not the next day) to let you know if you landed the job or not.

Interview Questions

• "Have you encountered a difficult customer, and how did you handle the situation"   Answer Question

Digital Production Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at CustomInk (Reno, NV) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a window of opportunity to get my application in via employee referral. I got the skills test first, and then did a phone interview the next day. I did not make it into the in person interview this time like I thought I would.

I don't know what this company looks for in potential employees anymore. I know I'm good enough for the position, but I may not be confident enough to deliver myself via interview, but I try my best. I have many friends that got into the company through their earlier hiring sessions, and it seemed like a breeze for them. However, each time I've been referred or applied, it's just been a bipolar experience. I've tried getting into this company with high hopes each time since 2013, each time to get the inevitable rejection email. The first time I applied and after my in person, I heard nothing back until after the position started. I want to ask them so badly what I can do to improve and get in, but they do not give interview feedback.

It sucks knowing how much I'd love to be here, and there's not much else in regards to graphics in Reno, Nevada. I was so excited to show them my portfolio too. It also sounded like the department I tried getting into wanted to meet me as well.

It really breaks my heart, CustomInk. I want to work for your company so badly. What am I doing wrong?

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond in your workplace.   1 Answer

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CustomInk (Reno, NV) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online, and I received an email the next day that requested I use a webcam to complete the second step of the interview. Since I do not have a functioning webcam, I requested a telephone interview instead. CustomInk was happy to comply with my request. The phone interview was easy; they want to make sure that you are aware of the company's core values and that you will be a good fit. I was asked to come in for a face-to-face interview the following day.
    When I arrived for my interview, I received a warm greeting from the receptionist, and was made to feel welcome. I was taken on a tour of the facility, and was encouraged to ask questions. After that came the testing: a simple basic math quiz, designing two shirts, and responding to a customer email request. When those were completed, I had a face-to-face interview with two managers. They were very friendly and enthusiastic; they explained the job requirements, training process, pay structure, benefits, etc. very thoroughly and were happy to answer my questions. After the interview, I was given the opportunity to shadow an employee and again, I was encouraged to ask questions.
    Overall this interview process was very relaxed; there were also some fun moments. I felt it ran too long; I was told to expect 2-3 hours, but I was there for 5. There is good reason why positions at CustomInk are highly sought after; expect lots of competition.
    Although this was a very positive experience, I would like to note that I did not see any older workers at this facility.

Interview Questions

• Please explain how you have applied the "Golden Rule" to a previous job experience.   Answer Question

Sales & Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CustomInk (Reno, NV) in February 2014.

Interview

Began with a telephone interview with a recruiter and she scheduled a face to face interview a few days later. I was not given a name of who I would be interviewing with, rather told that whomever helped me would be able to find the interviewer.

Phone Interview: Basic questions about previous work, my thought on customer service, etc.

Face to Face Interview: Began with a skills test. Basic math without a calculator, reading instructions and filling out a worksheet accordingly, create a design on a t-shirt at the company's website based on an e-mail from a "customer" and then saving the design and responding to the "customer's" email. Then, a panel interview with the Dept Manager and a Team Manager, I was told to choose a chair that was in a semi-circle (basic personality test) before they came in. The panel interview started off with the managers asking if I had any questions, I came prepared with 5 questions and asked 4 of them. After asking me basic customer service questions and personal questions, we talked salary and compensation. I was given 2 handouts with all of the benefits and the pricing and once again asked if I had any questions. I asked my last question. After the panel interview, I was taken to shadow a current employee and watch them interact with the customer. After about 10 minutes, the team manager came and walked me out, he told me that they would be making a decision by the end of the day. I didn't hear from them until 3 days later.