Cvent Senior Technical Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cvent Senior Technical Recruiter Interview Questions

Interviews at Cvent

Senior Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cvent (McLean, VA) in June 2014.

Interview

First step is a phone screen (30-40 minutes). They tell you more about Cvent, the culture, the opportunity. You describe yourself, answer their questions, and how you can be a fit for them.

The next and final step is an onsite interview. This can be a half day, but it's set up that way so you can meet a good amount of leadership, and also a cross-section of seniority on the team you can potentially be on.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle change, or someone outperforming you?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cvent

Senior Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cvent (Tysons, VA) in June 2014.

Interview

The process moved efficiently, starting with a very informative and casual phone interview with the Tech Recruiting Lead. The face-to-face interview was handled by a very capable Recruiting Coordinator, and it was set up quickly. **It is worth noting that the interview lasted FIVE full hours, from 10 AM to 3 PM. I met with all the Recruiting Leads, the leads of the Mobile Dev team, the VP of Product, and the HR Managers. The questions were insightful and never came across as purposely trying to stump me. The offer letter came by the end of the week, just a few days later. It was a REAL disappointment that all of their non-technology employees sign a contract that binds an employee for a $7500 training loan should they leave before 2 years. However, the team gave no specifics about WHAT the training entailed and why it was estimated at $7500, which is not a little amount of money. Basically, they are more worried about defending themselves than trusting a candidate's word that he or she would join the company and work hard without leaving. The wording in the offer letter is vague at best. It actually states that the base salary offered in the letter is actually LESS than your actual salary given the $7500 loan. It states that the training would "teach you the software industry." If I'm coming in as a Senior Technical Recruiter, I should know the industry already. When I said I'd sign the offer without this language, they said it had to stay in, that everyone signed it, which wasn't strong reasoning. This is tricky business and it turned me off completely. I declined the offer.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if candidates kept making it to the face-to-face stage after successful phone interviews, only to bomb technically?   1 Answer

The $7500 binding loan for "training"