CyberSource Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 23, 2017

2.8

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CyberSource (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

The interview process was rigorous but fair. I had two phone interviews and two in-person interviews, meeting with 8 individuals. I also had to train my potential manager on a given topic; in my case, how to install a video card in a PC.

Interview Questions

• In what type of team do you best perform?
      How would you go about calculating the number of footballs that would fit in a 747 airplane?   Answer Question

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at CyberSource (San Francisco, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The recruiter was helpful and defined the role well. The hiring manager was very nice and clear about what he was seeking in a candidate but the responsibilities and the intricacies of the position did not really come out until I was on-site interviewing in person. It was difficult to be in that position because one is supposed to demonstrate why they are the best person for that job when little was actually known until speaking with the various team members and supporting colleagues. A lot was uncovered on-site which is slightly to be expected. After going through that process, I didn't think the role was a good fit for me. The role requires relying on a lot of collaboration with various parts of the business who are not necessarily measured on helping you be successful. That would have been good to understand before interviewing because it is a critical success factor for the candidate.

Interview Questions

• "How would you approach your territory if no one was around to help you?"   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CyberSource (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

First was a phone screen with recruiter. Then it was a phone screen with the Hiring Manager. Last was an onsite Interview with 4 team members and the hiring manager, each interview was around 30 minutes.

Tech Support Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CyberSource.

Interview

Not hard to get an interview but for a job like IT/tech support, they didn't ask too many pertinent questions. Interviewer was bland and somewhat unpleasant. It was my fault for not doing enough research on the company but, honestly, this seems like a fifth- or sixth-rate company anyway.

Interview Questions

• How many footballs could fit inside a 747 and how would you figure that out?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CyberSource (Mountain View, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

One all day interview with 6-7 different people. I met with people from cross-functional teams as well as the hiring manager and their boss. The interview process was average and not terribly difficult.

Interview Questions

• What was your most successful marketing program?   1 Answer

Technical Accounts Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CyberSource (Foster City, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

The first step is a phone screening. Next, you interview at the office with 4 people - typically one potential peer, one person in sales, and some management. The final stage is another set of 4 interviews at the office, with the same structure.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working here? Strengths/weaknesses?   Answer Question

Staff QA Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at CyberSource (Foster City, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Did a phone interview with recruiter. She was not technical, so she asked behavioral and simple brain teaser. Then I was invited to on-site interview. After 4 rounds of interview with a person from different teams, I got an offer and accepted it.

Interview Questions

• There was not unexpected question. They asked simple Java questions.   Answer Question

Staff Software Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at CyberSource (Mountain View, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

My resume got submitted and it took about two months for me to get a call. I had an excellent phone interview with a Manager. I was invited in for round one and 6 people in 1:1 interviews. It went well. Second round, another 5 people, mostly 1:1 but also 1:2 . Great cultural fit. The second round was very technical. I wonder why they hadn't done the technical screening earlier. The recruiters I interacted with were very nice.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CyberSource (Mountain View, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me on phone, set-up phone interview with the Hiring team member. two round of in-person interview and then salary negotiation

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CyberSource (Mountain View, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

Hiring Manager was very friendly, provided good company and position details. Terrible follow-up by recruiter. No response even after following up on the status of the position after a couple of weeks.