Cyberonics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Cyberonics

2.8

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cyberonics (Houston, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

Straightforward technical and development process questions; very easy. No whiteboard code testing, but fairly thorough questioning on previous work and abilities. Verification questions required a bit more thought but nothing too difficult. On site interview took about 6 hours; Cyberonics recruiting is very good; hotel, car, etc were all arranged effortlessly.

Interview Questions

• Describe the entire verification process for software (interviewer drilled down through requirements, unit test, design test, etc); very involved multi-layer question.   Answer Question

The offer was too low.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cyberonics (Houston, TX) in December 2012.

Interview

I applied online for this position. Few weeks later, I received a call from the HR manager asking for a phone interview. Most of the questions were related to the resume. He asked some specific questions related to my experience with electronics manufacturing. It appeared to me that the Lead Engineer was disinterested in interviewing me (can't seem to figure out why).

Interview Questions

• What is manufacturing yield, questions on C++ and PCB design.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cyberonics (Houston, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

Unorganized. Was told to com in for an interview and no one was there to interview as thy were all out traveling. Apparently HR does not know how to schedule meeting in MS Outlook!

Interview Questions

The company was not a good fit for me.

Summer Internship Interview

Interview

I got the interview through the reference from a school program. I was the last one being interviewed and it lasted for half an hour. The interviewer asked about the company I followed and studied currently. It was a nice and friendly conversation.
    I did not hear from them for three weeks, so I think this position might have been filled.

IT Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cyberonics (Houston, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Simple...Asked mostly from resume...Process took about 45 mins

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cyberonics (Houston, TX) in December 2018.

Interview

Three phone interviews, panel interview, and two face to face interviews. Interviewers where polite and professional, pleasant to speak with, straight forward questions, detailed in discovery of past work experiences, trouble shooting scenarios discussed, explained the daily routine, described territory and travel requirements, to include customer base.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay traveling 50 to 60 percent of the time (away from home/overnight travel), to include being a salaried payed individual contributor. Describe your strengths and weaknesses are you used to self managing your time and daily routine? How do you deal with difficult unexpected repair situations hundreds of miles away from you. Describe how you deal with angry and difficult customers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cyberonics (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview process went smoothly. First step after applying was the phone interview, then that was followed up by an in-person interview at the company's site. The site interview was a 2-step process that included a written part and then a question/answer session with a panel. They also gave a tour of the facility, which was very interesting and informative.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cyberonics (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

There was a 30 minute phone pre screen. Then an onsite interview with various managers in the Quality department. The onsite portion was a half day and included a writing portion at the end. None of the experience was too difficult just questions about problem solving experiences and personality. At the end of the interview I was asked about compensation expectations, which I was not expecting. They are very open about what they expect from the position to see if you are a match. Definitely come with questions, all interviewers wanted to have conversations rather than just ask a list of questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cyberonics (Houston, TX) in August 2010.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone interview then a onsite interview with about 8 people. The onsite took half a day.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cyberonics (Houston, TX) in August 2008.

Interview

2 interviews. Most of the interview process was simple. An initial phone interview followed by an onsite interview with 3 managers and VP.

Interview Questions

• How would you contribute to the team? What are you bringing to the table?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was nearly impossible as HR was very strict