Cyient Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 9, 2017

2.9

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cyient.

Interview

The 'program management' doesn't know what the job is, so you can say anything and get by. They pretended to understand what they were doing, but the fact is that very few people would really care since the pay is so low. The company is a revolving door.

Interview Questions

• None. The managers don't understand the job, so they came up with nonsense questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. I needed an income and this was easy. If I had to do over, I would have waited it out and found a better contract company to work with.

Other Interview Reviews for Cyient

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vizianagaram (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cyient (Vizianagaram (India)).

Interview

In Technical round only they asked to write programs,and different types of logics,etc.
    Basics of java,html.
    program for replacing text,that too in c if they asked in java we can try easily.
    string size with out using string functions.

Interview Questions

• can u write a code for string with out using string functions,etc.
      About garbage collector,static key word.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warangal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cyient (Warangal (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

3 elimination round and one psychometric test(which tests our mental thinking).
    1st round: Aptitude + technical(aptitude)
    Based on Quants, Reasoning, English comprehension.
    technical aptitude on Dbms, Os, Networking.
    2nd round: Technical round
    3rd round: Hr
    The Interview was finished in a single day. Results were told after two days.

Interview Questions

• simple c programs, c programs output's.   Answer Question
    • About pointers like void and null pointers.   Answer Question
    • about all commands and their differences in dbms. Everything he requires is what, why & how.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cyient (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

2 rounds of interview mainly they focus about confidence level..So be confident while giving answer..don't panic.. they prefer about storage class (C),about your project,.and how u perform testing..tell them if u don't know answer don't waste your time.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself
      few question based upon storage class
      about project   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cyient (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Good environment

Expection knowledge in hardware and software.

Software especially struct and storage classes

Prepare for complete c nd embedded hardware related faq which might be helpful in cracking the job

Working location in Bangalore also looking good

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cyient (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

It was a off campus interview for freshers,average experience,Long wait for the interview. Don't be in rush to join as a fresher. Think of pros and cons if you have other offer.

Interview Questions

• C and Basic Engineering questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cyient (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

after seeing my resume hr person told me to attend interview. they took my interview for half an hour i answered correctly to all the questions, questions were quite simple. but they rejected because of less exp.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greater Noida (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cyient (Greater Noida (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

first, there was a written test , it was tough and long(arnd 2hrs). no negative marking, so u need to hurry up technical required more skills . direct program to write arnd 4-5.and error checking and output program.
    f2f interview (technical) it was average
    hr round formality.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cyient (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

First Round was Technical Interview based on C,pointer data structure RTOS it went for around 1 hour one person was took the interview ,Second Round was also same technical round like memory management,segments of memory for c programs,variable etc. software configuration management tools,
    third final HR and salary discussion.

Interview Questions

• First Round was simply they ask for C thoroughly ,storage class,pointer ,data structure,Compiler concepts.after that some of the questions from IPC and previous projects.
      Second Round was simple they asked memory management and software configuration management tools.
      Third round was just for formality HR salary discussion round.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cyient.

Interview

Got hired though campus placement. Interview process contains a written test which involves aptitude, core technical sections (depending on you stream) and individual cut off for each section and after that you will have technical round and finally HR Round

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They give you fixed salary it might be around 2.75 lakh for graduates at campus hire