Cymax Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cymax Stores Interview Questions

Interviews at Cymax Stores

2.5

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cymax Stores (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in December 2014.

Interview

First a hiring recruiter interviewed me it was a behavioral interview. Then a team of technical people interviewed and they asked mainly about previous projects and asked technical questions from those projects

Interview Questions

• They described a simple system and asked to design its database.   Answer Question

Operational Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cymax Stores.

Interview

The interviewer seemed very interested and rather kept the interview informal. He was interested in me as an individual and my perspectives rather than my experiences on my resume. Was very different from the other interviews, but really enjoyed talking to the interviewer. Went on to a second interview at the office, and met with different team members.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cymax Stores (Burnaby, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Phone Screen and in person interview

Very friendly and informal interview. I think that is a reflect of the easygoing culture. As most tech companies, the environment was friendly and young.

Affiliate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cymax Stores (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in December 2017.

Interview

Aisling is wonderful. funny, if overworked, and i clicked with her right away. The in-person interview with Anna was more difficult but long and meaningful. I was very motivated afterward. But it led to me being hired and was worth the experience. I started within a few days after my final interview. It all went downhill after about 10 months.

Junior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cymax Stores (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in May 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by email within about a week of applying to set up a phone interview. The call was short, maybe about 15 minutes, and the recruiter was very nice. I was then invited for an in-person interview with two managers. I spoke with each of them one on one and they were also very nice. After the interview they let me know the next day.

Interview Questions

• Generic questions like: what are 3 strengths and one weakness, describe your dream job, how do you settle disagreements in a team setting, do you prefer teamwork or leadership. No technical questions were asked.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cymax Stores.

Interview

We setup a phone interview screen. Standard questions. HR asked to setup another interview. They gave me the time&date but it conflicted with my schedule. I replied back asking for reschedule. They didn't reply back until 1 week later. Really looks bad on their part. Didn't allow me to pick date&time.

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cymax Stores (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

Short screening phone call, followed by another fairly short in person interview. In retrospect, it was somewhat of an indicator of what kind of quality you can expect.
    There were only maybe 5-6 questions of very basic depth into the topics. There was also a distinct lack of conceptual questions.

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cymax Stores (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

Being contacted by a recruiter and scheduled for an interview. It wasn't much of a scheduling as the CEO only gave one time slot in the middle of the day and week for the recruiter to work with. At the very last minute of the day before the interview, the CEO couldn't make it and the recruiter called and gave only one time slot for the following week again. I declined the timeslot given I had to reschedule my day for the last time. Finally we figured a mutually available timeslot. However, the CEO couldn't make the interview. The interview was conducted by the Director of HR, IT manager, and another senior manager separately.

While the interview went well and professionally, the senior manager who eagerly suggested me to send him a follow up if I don't hear back from anyone. Unfortunately no response from the manager despite I sent him a follow up email. Due a personal reason, I notified the recruiter to withdraw my application.

Interview Questions

• What's your management style? What you want to do 5 years from now?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Was offered an interview, accepted but with questions. Emailed to clarify salary range was in the same ball park as my expectations, got no response to 1st, 2nd or 3rd email requesting clarification so I had to decline the interview. A very unsatisfactory experience, not a great way to treat a potential employee.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cymax Stores (Burnaby, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Interview One: Group interview with about 5-6 others. Asked basic questions like how we would handle a difficult customer and what animal we most identify with. Very casual.

Interview Two: Sales manager gives you a weird test about Cymax values that you have to attempt to guess correctly on. There's not studying or prep - I guess to see what you think Cymax values are. Once finished the interview focuses mostly on your test answers. They do try and trip you up and make you feel like you aren't saying the right thing - i'm not sure why.

I was offered the job at the second interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer becoming irate with you over the phone?   1 Answer