Cymer Interview Questions in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

Cymer Interview Questions in San Diego, CA

Updated Jun 10, 2017

Senior Algorithm Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cymer (San Diego, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Had applied to Cymer two years back for another position that my timing didnt work at the time! Was contacted by Cymer out of blue for this position. After an initial phone interview with HR, had an intense very technical phone interview with the hiring manager. Many questions regarding my problem solving capabilities and algorithms and control method's knowledge. The interviewer was very polite. was told that next step would be another phone interview with another manager and then on-site interview. Still waiting to hear back from them for scheduling the next phone interview.

Production Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cymer (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone call from recruiter, followed by phone call from hiring manager, which was followed by onsite interview. They did not follow up at all after the interview, not even a system generated message saying they have hired some one else and the req. is now closed. It has been 5 weeks since the interview.
    I was flown in early morning on a Friday and flown back the same day. My reimbursement request for rental car is still in progress, I have submitted the supporting documentation for the 3rd time now. I am not sure if I will ever receive the check. This has been the most uncourteous company I have interviewed with.

Interview Questions

• typical behavioral questions from HR, hiring manager asked a few technical questions.   Answer Question

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cymer (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I have applied online and have got an answer in 3 weeks. I had first an interview with a recruiter, after that a phone call with the technical member. The people were very helpful. After the technical interview, I was invited for an onsite interview at Cymer in San Diego.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your projects, what do you know about cymer   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cymer (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

phone interview, two times. the first one was really hard, asked a lot of technical questions. the second one was easier. HR contacts me fast when there is update. better experience than most other company

Interview Questions

• describe details about you recent project and experience of summer research   Answer Question

Technical Training Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cymer (San Diego, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview with a talent coordinator and keeping my fingers crossed that after the holidays I'll hear something back. Looks like a great company to work for! My initial phone interview was mid December so I'm still hopeful that I'll get word regarding the next step within the next week or so. If not, I'll be disappointed but understand its a rough time of year to be retiring from the Navy and looking for work.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up to date on new training processes and procedures?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Interview

It was easy. Telephonic interview for 20 mins by the hiring manager after mail from the Human resource department. They notice people who meet them at career fair and give them a preference over other applicants.

Interview Questions

• Describe about yourself, projects worked on and success stories   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cymer (San Diego, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

1 screen phone interview and 1 technical phone interview. Then selected for an on site interview with different groups. Got the rejection call 3 days after the interview. Staff was helpful and easy to talk to. The interview process was well organized. Company has a great location and seems like a cool place to work.

Interview Questions

• A technical presentation of your choice.   1 Answer

Source Field Integration Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cymer (San Diego, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online. After three weeks, I had a 30 min phone interview with the recruiter. After two month, I had an onsite interview with HR, engineers, and the hiring manager, about 4-hour long in total. After three months, I had another onsite interview with one engineer and a lab tour. I got an offer a couple days later.The whole process took about three months, including thanksgiving and Christmas.

Most interview questions are about people skills and scenario questions.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cymer (San Diego, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Several phone interviews and then on-site interviews with several different disciplines. I think I dodge a bullet. One person asked the equivalent "have you stopped beating your wife yet?" There was no correct or good answer. As I tried to dance around the answer, he nailed me for not answering his question. And now four months later, they still haven't reimbursed the agreed upon interview expenses. I'm now glad I wasn't offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Why I'm leaving my current job? (What does that have to do with my qualifications for the position?)   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cymer (San Diego, CA).

Interview

A phone interview. It took about 30-40 minutes. The questions were based on my previous experiences, the problems I faced and how I tackled them. The interviewer asked me specific application of the software that I was going to use in the internship, going over my projects helped me a great deal. It was an interview where the interviewer was interested in knowing about me and if I would fit well in the company than testing my skills. Having a good recommendation and a lot of experience paid off.

Interview Questions

• Questions were based on my previous experiences. The projects that I have been a part of and my extent of knowledge in software usage   1 Answer