Cypress-Fairbanks ISD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cypress-Fairbanks ISD Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.5

Interview

Sent multiple resumes to multiple schools. Got an email from and had a face-to-face interview with school principal and subject department chair. Then went for a face-to-face interview with district HR rep.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when a student is disrespectful and/or disrupting your class.   1 Answer

High School Math Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

I was called to come in for an interview after submitting my application online. The interview lasted about an hour. I interviewed with three people from the math department.

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cypress, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cypress-Fairbanks ISD (Cypress, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and within a day or two received an email with instructions on how to complete the required orientation and paperwork. Only after that will the district process background checks and upon good report, substitute status will be issued. No interview was required.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cypress-Fairbanks ISD in June 2016.

Interview

It was very easy. I applied online and attended a job fair (not CFISD's) but the job fair didn't amount to anything. I received an email from principal wanting to schedule an interview the following day. The interview included typical questions you would get at any school to let them get an idea about your teaching style and how you would handle different situations that may arise. I received the recommendation for the position the same day as interview. Took about two weeks to go through HR.

Interview Questions

• What would a visitor to my classroom see if they were to walk in and observe?   1 Answer

Elementary Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cypress-Fairbanks ISD (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I was emailed and asked to attend a screening interview at the district. I went to the interview with asked typical teacher questions and she took notes. I was told my interview would be scored and put into the computer for schools to call me from. Within 2 hours I had 2 more interviews for the same or next day. I was hired on the spot at one of those interviews.

Interview Questions

• From bell to bell, describe a lesson you have taught.   1 Answer
    • Our campus is open concept. For many teachers, new and seasoned, this can be a drastic change. How do you feel about teaching in an open concept?   1 Answer
    • You have a parent contact you who is irate and maybe didn't get the full story. How do you respond to the parent?   1 Answer
    • What do you feel is important in a team?   1 Answer
    • If you didn't jive with your team, how would you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Technically it is "nonnegotiable", however, if you take on coaching or summer school or have additional certifications or coursework you can get additional pay.

Regular Route Bus Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cypress-Fairbanks ISD (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

They call you within a week of applying. I've heard you have to follow up with them as well to get your interview. Once they call you they will book your interview. You interview with two managers at one of the bus barn centers.

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cypress-Fairbanks ISD (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I thought the interview went well in-person. I believe they already had their candidate initially picked out. I was told that I would hear from upper management within 2 days. I received a call in a week but missed it. I called back within 5-7 mintes and left a voicemail. I called again the next day and left a message with a secretary and sent an email. I received a call back a few days later thanking me for my interview and letting me know another candidate was selected. The candidate turned out to be friends with upper management, which confirmed my thoughts of them being unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What makes you fit for this position?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you has to manage multiple task by a specific deadline? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

4th Grade Teacher Interview

Interview

Great interviewing process! All schools were welcoming and informative. Admin gave a brief tour of the school each time. Questions were very common and appropriate. After the interview, I was recommended for hire almost immediately. No complaints.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cypress-Fairbanks ISD.

Interview

My resume was provided to a campus principal, which started the ball rolling. I had to apply formally through the district prior to the interview. I do not recall having an interview at the district level.

Negotiation

Unable to negotiate. Teacher salaries are determined by the district's pay schedule.

Geometry Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cypress-Fairbanks ISD (Katy, TX).

Interview

The district conducts the first interview, which is over basic teaching 101 (think of the pedagogy tests). However, a school principal can call you up and circumvent this interview (which is what happened to me). In my interview, they told me that the students they work with can be tough (it was the lower end of the district). They didn't exactly grill me and it was more of them trying to sell me the position.

Interview Questions

• Are you going to handle students that may be a little difficult?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations.