Cypress Semiconductor Industrial Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Industrial Engineer

Cypress Semiconductor Industrial Engineer Interview Questions

Industrial Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor.

Interview

I submitted my resume online, and got a call from my hiring manager 1-2 weeks later. She asked some clarification questions and invited me in for an in person interview.

When I got to the interview, i received a short tour of the offices and the manufacturing area (we didn't go inside the fab). After, I had to file out a paper application (which was odd because i filled out an application online). This paper application had all the basic questions, and about 10 short answer questions (2-3 lines) mostly about your work habits.

Then we started the interview process, the first 30 minute interview was with three managers from different areas in the site (internally they call this the "wolfpack" interview). They asked many questions that related the the company's core values. Very few of these questions were technical.

The next two 30 minute interview were with other people that i would be directly working with. These questions were similar to the first questions, but were slightly more technical.

After the interviews i finished up the paper application and was done with the interview process. The entire process took about three hours.

After the interview i kept getting weekly updated from my hiring manager that they were still reviewing my application and she would get back to me next week. I later found out that they were on a hiring freeze, and no new hire paperwork was allowed to be submitted. About a month later i received an email that i was being offered the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't seem like they were going to negotiate