Cypress Semiconductor Co-Op Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Cypress Semiconductor

3.2

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor (Lynnwood, WA) in May 2018.

Interview

Applied online, they get back to me 2 days later through email. Two rounds of interview, one is phone interview asked about experience and discussed about the job. There are also some fundamental questions asked during the phone interview. The onsite interview is at their office at Lynnwood, WA. Asked about specific analog design questions and firmware questions majorly.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cypress Semiconductor

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor (San Jose, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Very lengthy and difficult set of interviews, pasted the whole day. They seems to progressively get harder as the day progressed. Was a combination of what I had done to technical questions which I had to explain/draw using a whiteboard.

Interview Questions

• Describe the unique features of the PSoC? An application use case and draw up how they would fit on a PSoC - how would you go about implementing them..   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not want to negotiate.

Co-Op Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor.

Interview

Went through university. Had an on campus interview followed by an on-site interview. Process took a few weeks. I actually thought that Cypress was not interested because they did not get back to me for a few weeks. I was pleased when I received the email with an offer.

Interview Questions

• -"Write a function on the board that prints the Fibonacci sequence"
      -Venn Diagram question
      -Circuits / Logic / Transistor questions involving NAND/NOR gates, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor (San Jose, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview was for a Co-Op position for technical marketing.

The first step was a phone interview. It started with general questions, and then narrowing down the focus to PSoC. I had some prior experience so I was asked about the projects I had done. They dug deeper into that and asked varied questions on general MCU components.

On the marketing side, were general questions which tested how good I was at getting the complete picture and my marketing skills.

I was then asked to develop a business case, and also a simple PSoC project, and had to submit it in a few days.

This followed with another phone interview similar to the first one, but taken by another person.

Interview Questions

• There is nothing in particular that was difficult. I was tested on general concepts. They were looking for quick-thinking, flexible and smart people, who are also familiar with Cypress products.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was fixed already.