Cypress Semiconductor Electrical Engineer - Design Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Electrical Engineer - Design

Cypress Semiconductor Electrical Engineer - Design Interview Questions

Interviews at Cypress Semiconductor

3.6

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Typical Online application process:
Online application followed by 1 day On -Site Interview which include 5 one on one interviews ,1 panel interview and 1 presentation.IT was a new grad position for Design Verification position.

Interview Questions

• Questions on Digital Design (CDC and FIFO) , LOGIB DESIGN
    Questions of Functional Verification - System Verilog /Verilog/UVM/Verification philosophy
    Questions on C and perl/python basics
    Questions on Basic Electrical concepts from micro-controllers basic blocks to some basic RC cricuits ,ASIC flow
    Questions on projects   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cypress Semiconductor

Electrical Engineer - Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor (San Jose, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

A day long interview with 5-6 engineers, a few manager and two vice presidents. The interviews were very engineering data based. The interview included a group called the "wolf pack"

Interview Questions

• What impact does the width of the nMos gate have on the performance of the transistor.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

Campus Hiring: Got placed in the College during the 3 rd Semester of the MTECH in microelectronics. Cypress had criteria of 8.0 for the process, It was a day long placement process. Presentation followed by the written test and then shortlisted for the interview process. Around 4 interview rounds were scheduled to get the final job offer.

Electrical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pilani (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor (Pilani (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

This is regarding the campus placements interview. There were three technical rounds of one on one interview, followed by a HR wolf-pack round, with few brief and general technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Regarding verification profile, I was about why verification was needed, what is the basic flow, few basic questions in System Verilog, few basic verification concepts such as coverage, randomization, etc. Another round of interview comprised of basic questions on digital logic, such as design of different types of counters, their pros and cons, what is a glitch, setup-and-hole time, etc   1 Answer

Electrical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ahmedabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor (Ahmedabad (India)) in July 2018.

Interview

They started with simple questions about your life to make you comfortable. They focused on your confidence, pressure handling capacity, how you greet them and majorly your basic subject concepts rather than deep knowledge about a single toic.

Interview Questions

• They asked about control systems - damping coefficient, opamp based tough questions, very easy mux and counter based questions, RLC circuit problems   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2010.

Interview

Interview process was quiet rigorous. Two 1:1 in depth technical interviews on CMOS fundamentals and digital logic fundamentals, each interview lasting for around 45 mins . One group interview on various VLSI related technical topics lasting for half an hour.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Ask about the shares offered. If offered ESOP shares, ask for RSU instead. RSUs are much more profitable. ESOP is complete loss.

Electrical Design Engineer Interview

Interview

Tough interview process. Asked from digital analog and device also.. mostly circuits. Stress round was tough. They try to observe how candidate perform under pressure. Revise digital circuit basics and analog circuits also from device. also revise basic ec..

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2011.

Interview

Cypress Semiconductor , Bangalore had come on 6th Feb to my college for campus placements. Initially they conducted a test and shortlisted people for interviews based on the test. I had 3 rounds of interviews. 2 of them were of 1:1 and the other was 3:1 The interviewers were basically checking my fundamentals and basics.

Interview Questions

• How can you add value to Cypress?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2012.

Interview

One written round followed by 3 rounds of interview.
    Written round - Analog,Digital,VLSI
    Interview round - Mostly VLSI and Digital Electronics. Setup time &Hold time violations.Questions on metastability and static timing analysis.

Interview Questions

• Explain setup time violations? How to calculate it & avoid it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Campus placement.So no negotiations. Directly handed over offer letter.

Electrical Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor.

Interview

The interview started with basics questions on mosfet and its parameters. After answering those questions, they moved on to digital design topics and asked questions on setup time, power and hold time. After this the next topic was on ADCs and Op-Amp. I couldn't answer few questions in this. Then they started asking questions from my projects and other courses. Some tough questions were asked on IC fabrication and simulations for analog circuit design.

Interview Questions

• Various simulations & issues that would be needed to finalize chip   Answer Question