Cypress Semiconductor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 20, 2017

3.4

Fab Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Selected for interview during on-campus job fair. The interview was set up for next day. It was around 45 min interview. Most of the questions were behavioral. Good experience. It was not a perfect match between my background and the position but still was considered for an interview. Spansion semiconductor merged with Cypress. This position was for Spansion fab.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor (Troy, NY).

Interview

Interview heavily based on logical operation using AND, OR, NOR, XOR, and other Boolean logic. little to no behaviorial questions. It was basically a final exam in computer orginization. They expected you to know everything and treated themselves like the kings of the Sram market - which they are far from.

Interview Questions

• "Use this diagram to determine the appropriate output"
      "At what time would this condition arise in this clk circuit"
      "what logical components would be needed to increment a counter and provide a negated output"
      Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Interview

Four interviews. Questions on1) academics projects. 2) Micro-controller architecture 3) Programming 4)Electronics fundamentals.
    Questions on Following topics:
    Inductors, Capacitors switching circuits.
    Interrupts handling
    Network theorems
    C programming
    Inverters
    Memories
    Digital logic
    Micro-controller fundamentals

Inductors, Capacitors switching circuits.
    Interrupts handling
    Network theorems
    C programming
    Inverters
    Memories
    Digital logic
    Micro-controller fundamentals

Interview Questions

• What is the worst debugging experience in academic process? How did you solve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. Campus placement offer.

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor.

Interview

It is an on-campus interview just one day after university career fair. He asked some basic questions about CMOS gates and also asked me to describe one of the most challenging project.

Processing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor in November 2014.

Interview

They asked a series of questions about LPCVD etc. and processing in general such as i line, g line etc. clean room questions, photoresist, etc. asked about my master's thesis work and thesis.

Design Engineer Interview

Interview

I was asked to interview with them after they had gathered my information through my school's career site. The interview was 3 days later and was about 30 minutes. A week later they e-mailed me saying I had passed the interview, but I received no information aside from that.

Interview Questions

• Please build an 3-bit adder using only and, or and not gates.   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor in October 2014.

Interview

Nothing special, just basic interview questions like, talk about yourself. how do you work with others. tell me about your resume, especially the experience related to the position that I applied. Do you have questions for me etc.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor in October 2014.

Interview

I had an on campuss interview with one of their VP. The interview was good. Some behavioral questions, some technical questions. He passed me the interview but eventually none of their group contacted with me.

Interview Questions

• how are you gonna improve your experiments? Do you now DOE?   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor in September 2014.

Interview

It was during the industrial round table, they collected students' resume and selected some for on-campus 1-hour interview. They needed someone to fill up a position to design CAD tools for physical layout design, so they were trying to find new hire familiar with algorithm and scripting, as well as VLSI design.

Industrial Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor.

Interview

I submitted my resume online, and got a call from my hiring manager 1-2 weeks later. She asked some clarification questions and invited me in for an in person interview.

When I got to the interview, i received a short tour of the offices and the manufacturing area (we didn't go inside the fab). After, I had to file out a paper application (which was odd because i filled out an application online). This paper application had all the basic questions, and about 10 short answer questions (2-3 lines) mostly about your work habits.

Then we started the interview process, the first 30 minute interview was with three managers from different areas in the site (internally they call this the "wolfpack" interview). They asked many questions that related the the company's core values. Very few of these questions were technical.

The next two 30 minute interview were with other people that i would be directly working with. These questions were similar to the first questions, but were slightly more technical.

After the interviews i finished up the paper application and was done with the interview process. The entire process took about three hours.

After the interview i kept getting weekly updated from my hiring manager that they were still reviewing my application and she would get back to me next week. I later found out that they were on a hiring freeze, and no new hire paperwork was allowed to be submitted. About a month later i received an email that i was being offered the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't seem like they were going to negotiate