Cypress Semiconductor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 3, 2017

3.3

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor (West Lafayette, IN) in February 2016.

Interview

Basic behavior questions. Asked some project experience on my resume and how do they relate to the position. They also talked about the company culture and asked the question about it.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I met them in career fair and just after that i got a call from them for an interview. Interview was scheduled for next day. Interview lasted for good 35 mins and she told me about future steps that's going to follow.

Interview Questions

• Questions were based on my resume.
      In the end she asked me about semiconductors.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

Interview

I submitted my resume on the campus career fair and got a short interview right after that. Then I received a phone call that night told me to go for an interview the next on campus.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan to build a model to calculate the price composition of a semiconductor product?   Answer Question
    • How do you plan to get the total number of a magazine specially provided on all airplanes?   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor (Lynnwood, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and 3 months later a hiring manager at Cypress contacted me. We spoke on the phone and he asked about my work history, projects, and education. We then scheduled an in person interview.

Prior to the interview I was sent an email with a check list of things I needed to do before hand. There was a questionnaire, which had about 17 personality questions. The time commitment for me was rather significant, nearly four hours. In addition, there was a company info packet that needed to be reviewed. The packet described what the interview process would be like, company history and facts, and benefits (it looked like they had great benefits).

The interview was on par with other interviews I've been to as far as questioning. It had your typical what projects have you worked on, what do you do, why do you want to work for us kind of questions, and some rudimentary technical ones.

The interview however began with a 1-on-1 with the hiring manager, followed by a 1-on-1 with a senior engineer, and ending with a "wolf pack" interview with 3 other staff engineers. As part of their corporate policy, an executive must be a part of the interview process before a final determination is made. However, no one was available for my interview that day. Overall it took the entire morning, from 9-1. At the end the hiring manager kindly asked if I wanted to go to lunch with some of the guys. I had to refuse due to a prior arrangement. He let me know that he'd call me within a few days to try and schedule the executive interview.

What followed was nearly a dozen emails between the hiring manager and a receptionist (administrative associate) attempting to schedule an executive interview, a couple more phone conversations with the hiring manager, a phone interview with an executive, and an additional in person interview with another executive. Through all of which the hiring manager continually asserted I was a top candidate.

Toward the end of my rigmarole of an interview process, I was a bit skeptical about taking the position and it might've shown. At one point I had considered the troubles they were having was part of an exercise to see how much I would put up with... I had also considered that the issues they were having communicating and scheduling activities internally, might reflect how day to day operations would be executed -- poorly scheduled/planned, continually changing, up in the air, etc.

But my overall feeling was that it was your typical corporation, with some real genuine, good people working there.

Interview Questions

• In C, how do you set, clear, and invert bits.   Answer Question
    • Some questions about interrupts and what you need to be aware of when using them.   Answer Question
    • In C, write a function that accepts the parameters of an int pointer and it's length, and returns the average of the int pointer (array).   Answer Question
    • Some basic electrical fundamental questions with voltage dividers and op amps.   Answer Question
    • If you were a bumper sticker, what would you say?   Answer Question

Co-Op Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor.

Interview

Went through university. Had an on campus interview followed by an on-site interview. Process took a few weeks. I actually thought that Cypress was not interested because they did not get back to me for a few weeks. I was pleased when I received the email with an offer.

Interview Questions

• -"Write a function on the board that prints the Fibonacci sequence"
      -Venn Diagram question
      -Circuits / Logic / Transistor questions involving NAND/NOR gates, etc.   Answer Question

Test Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor in October 2015.

Interview

Applied thru the campus fair. On the same day, i got the phone call for the next day 30 min campus interview. It went well and the hiring manager said she will definitely recommend me. In two weeks, I received an email for scheduling another phone interview. It went well too and on that day onsite invitation came to my email. I am scheduled for the on site interview about 2 weeks. It is an intern but they rather want someone who can continue working afterwards. I said so and the hiring procedure seems much like a full time one. So far they only asked my projects and work experience. I expect to have some technical questions on site.

Waiting for onsite interview

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor.

Interview

The interview lasted for 5-6 hours and included lunch at a nearby restaurant. I met with 6 different people and discussed much of their needs and what they would be looking for from me if I got the job. There was a technical portion of the interview that went over my skill set and tested my knowledge of the job required skills.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with over commitment of your time in the past?   Answer Question

Fab Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Selected for interview during on-campus job fair. The interview was set up for next day. It was around 45 min interview. Most of the questions were behavioral. Good experience. It was not a perfect match between my background and the position but still was considered for an interview. Spansion semiconductor merged with Cypress. This position was for Spansion fab.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor (Troy, NY).

Interview

Interview heavily based on logical operation using AND, OR, NOR, XOR, and other Boolean logic. little to no behaviorial questions. It was basically a final exam in computer orginization. They expected you to know everything and treated themselves like the kings of the Sram market - which they are far from.

Interview Questions

• "Use this diagram to determine the appropriate output"
      "At what time would this condition arise in this clk circuit"
      "what logical components would be needed to increment a counter and provide a negated output"   Answer Question

Interview

Four interviews. Questions on1) academics projects. 2) Micro-controller architecture 3) Programming 4)Electronics fundamentals.
    Questions on Following topics:
    Inductors, Capacitors switching circuits.
    Interrupts handling
    Network theorems
    C programming
    Inverters
    Memories
    Digital logic
    Micro-controller fundamentals

Inductors, Capacitors switching circuits.
    Interrupts handling
    Network theorems
    C programming
    Inverters
    Memories
    Digital logic
    Micro-controller fundamentals

Interview Questions

• What is the worst debugging experience in academic process? How did you solve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. Campus placement offer.