Cypress Semiconductor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Cypress Semiconductor

3.3

Sort:

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor in October 2014.

Interview

Nothing special, just basic interview questions like, talk about yourself. how do you work with others. tell me about your resume, especially the experience related to the position that I applied. Do you have questions for me etc.

Test Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor in October 2015.

Interview

Applied thru the campus fair. On the same day, i got the phone call for the next day 30 min campus interview. It went well and the hiring manager said she will definitely recommend me. In two weeks, I received an email for scheduling another phone interview. It went well too and on that day onsite invitation came to my email. I am scheduled for the on site interview about 2 weeks. It is an intern but they rather want someone who can continue working afterwards. I said so and the hiring procedure seems much like a full time one. So far they only asked my projects and work experience. I expect to have some technical questions on site.

Waiting for onsite interview

Interview

Wolf pack interview, 4 or 5 1:1 . Interview takes one complete day

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor (San Jose, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Phone screen interview and 7 back to back onsite interview. Very rigorous process and interview is based on behavior and technical based rounds. Case studies and data analytic skill is required. Be strong with the resume and list of work done in your college . College Projects and any intern experience is vital

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor.

Interview

Got shortlisted thorugh job fair.
    then One on campus interview, one phone screening and then onsite.

Interview Questions

• nothing difficult. asked system level stuff like bypass capacitor, Sram bus interface,uart.
      So if you are design person, you may be unware of board level stuff. so just be careful.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation. low salary than competitors.

IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor (San Jose, CA) in July 2018.

Interview

First of all, they booked me a motel, and a compact car. I have 5 more interviews with other companies, and Cypress is the only one who booked a motel and a compact car. The on-site interview was really long. It continued from AM 9:00 to PM 5:15. I was so exhausted after that.

Electrical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Typical Online application process:
    Online application followed by 1 day On -Site Interview which include 5 one on one interviews ,1 panel interview and 1 presentation.IT was a new grad position for Design Verification position.

Interview Questions

• Questions on Digital Design (CDC and FIFO) , LOGIB DESIGN
      Questions of Functional Verification - System Verilog /Verilog/UVM/Verification philosophy
      Questions on C and perl/python basics
      Questions on Basic Electrical concepts from micro-controllers basic blocks to some basic RC cricuits ,ASIC flow
      Questions on projects   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor (Troy, NY).

Interview

Interview heavily based on logical operation using AND, OR, NOR, XOR, and other Boolean logic. little to no behaviorial questions. It was basically a final exam in computer orginization. They expected you to know everything and treated themselves like the kings of the Sram market - which they are far from.

Interview Questions

• "Use this diagram to determine the appropriate output"
      "At what time would this condition arise in this clk circuit"
      "what logical components would be needed to increment a counter and provide a negated output"   Answer Question

Electrical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied through employee referral and got called for onsite for first round which was 30 minutes long. After a week they called me onsite for 3 more rounds of interviews, each one hour long.

Interview Questions

• Layout of inverter, psuedo code for sorting an array, area under curve, implementing logical functions through venn diagrams.   Answer Question

Yield Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor (Bloomington, MN) in May 2011.

Interview

Interview consisted of 3 rounds, 1 hour each

1st round was 1:1 with the hiring group manager with behavioral questions with some technical questions.
    I believe the technical questions were easy enough for a person with the right background (I had quite different background). Typical question were on DOE, SPC, semiconductors.

2nd round was 1:1 with another manager of Fault detection group. He asked more detailed technical questions on semiconductor manufacturing process and process control techniques.

3rd round was with a panel of 3:1, all technical people. Asked about my research and some other questions similar to previous rounds to test fundamentals of quality control etc.

Overall impression: Positive, Nice friendly people. Open work culture and interviewers seemed satisfied with their positions.