Cypress Semiconductor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

Sort:

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor (San Jose, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

One phone interview and one onsite interview. The onsite interview included two 1:1 interviews, each 30 minutes, as well as a 30 minute panel interview, and an individual debrief/conversation with the hiring manager. The process takes quite a while for only having two rounds.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe how you would go about designing a process workflow? How would you ensure its accuracy and completeness?   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor (Lynnwood, WA) in May 2018.

Interview

Applied online, they get back to me 2 days later through email. Two rounds of interview, one is phone interview asked about experience and discussed about the job. There are also some fundamental questions asked during the phone interview. The onsite interview is at their office at Lynnwood, WA. Asked about specific analog design questions and firmware questions majorly.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor (San Jose, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Very lengthy and difficult set of interviews, pasted the whole day. They seems to progressively get harder as the day progressed. Was a combination of what I had done to technical questions which I had to explain/draw using a whiteboard.

Interview Questions

• Describe the unique features of the PSoC? An application use case and draw up how they would fit on a PSoC - how would you go about implementing them..   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not want to negotiate.

Co-Op Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor.

Interview

Went through university. Had an on campus interview followed by an on-site interview. Process took a few weeks. I actually thought that Cypress was not interested because they did not get back to me for a few weeks. I was pleased when I received the email with an offer.

Interview Questions

• -"Write a function on the board that prints the Fibonacci sequence"
      -Venn Diagram question
      -Circuits / Logic / Transistor questions involving NAND/NOR gates, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor (San Jose, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview was for a Co-Op position for technical marketing.

The first step was a phone interview. It started with general questions, and then narrowing down the focus to PSoC. I had some prior experience so I was asked about the projects I had done. They dug deeper into that and asked varied questions on general MCU components.

On the marketing side, were general questions which tested how good I was at getting the complete picture and my marketing skills.

I was then asked to develop a business case, and also a simple PSoC project, and had to submit it in a few days.

This followed with another phone interview similar to the first one, but taken by another person.

Interview Questions

• There is nothing in particular that was difficult. I was tested on general concepts. They were looking for quick-thinking, flexible and smart people, who are also familiar with Cypress products.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was fixed already.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Interview

wolfpack interview...about 7-8 people interviewed me. Regular marketing/pricing/interpersonal skills questions.

Interview Questions

• One of the interviewers grilled me a lot! But later I learnt that you could expect that from at least one of the interviewers. The best technique is to just answer the questions precisely when you know this is happening.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor in September 2014.

Interview

It was during the industrial round table, they collected students' resume and selected some for on-campus 1-hour interview. They needed someone to fill up a position to design CAD tools for physical layout design, so they were trying to find new hire familiar with algorithm and scripting, as well as VLSI design.

Interview Questions

• algorithms, physical design flow   1 Answer

Design Engineer Interview

Interview

I was asked to interview with them after they had gathered my information through my school's career site. The interview was 3 days later and was about 30 minutes. A week later they e-mailed me saying I had passed the interview, but I received no information aside from that.

Interview Questions

• Please build an 3-bit adder using only and, or and not gates.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor.

Interview

It is an on-campus interview just one day after university career fair. He asked some basic questions about CMOS gates and also asked me to describe one of the most challenging project.

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor in December 2012.

Interview

Cypress came for on-campus hiring for Masters candidate at IITD. CGPA cutoff was 8. Interview will be technical only (2-3 rounds) with elimination after each stage. Final few would have fill-up a form containing HR questions. The interview process takes about 1 day completely.