Cypress Semiconductor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Cypress Semiconductor

3.3

Sort:

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor in December 2012.

Interview

Cypress came for on-campus hiring for Masters candidate at IITD. CGPA cutoff was 8. Interview will be technical only (2-3 rounds) with elimination after each stage. Final few would have fill-up a form containing HR questions. The interview process takes about 1 day completely.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I had two telephonic interviews and a face to face interview. The questions were technical and unconventional but they helped me get through the answers. No point trying to answer if you don't know them. More questions were from the digital designing field.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor in October 2014.

Interview

I had an on campuss interview with one of their VP. The interview was good. Some behavioral questions, some technical questions. He passed me the interview but eventually none of their group contacted with me.

Interview Questions

• how are you gonna improve your experiments? Do you now DOE?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I met them in career fair and just after that i got a call from them for an interview. Interview was scheduled for next day. Interview lasted for good 35 mins and she told me about future steps that's going to follow.

Interview Questions

• Questions were based on my resume.
      In the end she asked me about semiconductors.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor (San Jose, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

Phone interview was OK. Standard questions for the position. On site interview is more like a student's exam. Three interviewees went into three different conference room. Interviewees are enter one at a time.

The interviewees are asking direct questions, cold personality. You can feel fast pace working environment during the interview.

Interview Questions

• How to deal with project delay?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor (San Jose, CA).

Interview

2 phone interviews and on-site Interview conducted on-site at the Cypress HQ for about 4 hrs. First interviewer was kind of non-professional and was a bad listener, was just interested in asking text book questions that he knew about. Rest of interview process including wolf-gang was professional and pretty good and interesting.

Interview Questions

• Most technical questions related to industry experience. E.g. which application and why would it prefer SRAM over DRAM. What is the fastest clock speed on ATE system I worked. Behavioral questions like: Example of how did you settle conflict w/ your supervisor, one thing you don't like about your current job etc   Answer Question

Salary offered for the position was tremendously low and uncompetitive, almost to the point of insulting. HR from India conducted the hiring process, was frequently late on scheduled time for call reflecting a careless and unprofessional attitude.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor (San Jose, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

first round: phone interview behavior questions, bala bala bala nothing special
    2nd round: technical interview basic and easy
    last round: on-site interview, whole day long. from 7 am to 6 p.m.
    there are basically several 1-to-1 technical interview sessions. they ask very detailed technical questions, which are not hard but quite basic and fundamental.

The wolf pack is a little bit worse. But one can ask time to think. they just want to know details of one's background. No technical questions are really really hard.

They asked some of tricky, harsh questions just to put you in awkward positions so that they can see your reactions. They know you cannot answer 100% certainly. Just be gentle and very carefully about what you know and what you don't. When giving estimations, be sure to mention it's an estimation.

They also ask questions to test your IQ, but they are really easy.

During the interviews, they are also trying to find people with cypress core values, be sure to read these core values. If you don't like these core values, don't come.

except all these interviews, they also do products demo, HR introduction and you got a chance to see and talk to the CEO and all other VP. Be careful, every one of them talk very quickly.

Overall, think quick and act quick. If one has solid knowledge and graduates from Top 20 Engineering schools, I cannot understand why one cannot pass the interviews unless one does not match the desired skills.

Interview Questions

they offer a low base salary, bonus up to around 10k, relocation fee and interesting stock options.

By estimation, one may earn up to 85k before tax(excluding the stocks). However, Cypress is harsh and requires a lot of devotion. 85k is not interesting when one is doing 1.5-2 persons' work.

But be alert if you are a foreigner, they offer great package such as green card sponsorship. Generally, they start the process 1-2 years after one starts to work. But it can be shortened to 6 month - one year.

Anyway it's not enough for me to give up my determined plan. If they offers 10k more, I will accept the offer.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor (San Jose, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

The phone interview is pretty easy.
    Cypress interview has two main components which are important:
    1. Interviews on tech skills: They have 3-4 interviews on tech skills. They ask lot of real world problems on their products. They are mostly looking for logical approach rather than the best solution. The wolfpack interview has 3 people who ask questions in a rapidfire manner for 1 hour. This is a test for stress and its okay to ask for thinking time and to formulate answers carefully. This demonstrates good grasp of technology as well as ability to work under pressure.
    2. Interview with questions on estimation:
    Questions such as how many gas stations are there in SF or how many McDonalds exist in US. The key here is to explain the thinking process and to ask clarifying questions to the interviewer and working with them to get to a well-thought out solution

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They do not negotiate much.
    While considering an offer, take more time to decide on it and ask for more time to decide on it. This makes negotiation easier

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor (Seattle, WA) in January 2010.

Interview

Initial one hour technical phone screen, 4 - 6 hours in-person interview. Seperate inteviews with hiring group, senior management and panel interviews. Technical questions, previous experience questions and personality questions

Interview Questions

• Nothing very surprising. Usual technical questions, puzzles, some MS tools questions, how would you respond questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate much. This was a first job out of college.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor (Lynnwood, WA).

Interview

Submitted resume via friend who was a Cypress employee with his recommendation. Phone interview with hiring manager. All day onsite interview. Each interviewer had a page assigned by Cypress to fill up a "hiring" notebook for the CEO TJ Rodgers to personally sign off on, so they took it pretty seriously, etc.

Interview Questions

• One of the hour long interview was called the tiger team interview engineers. They asked rapidly paced questions to learn your depth and shake you up. Since they were reluctant to ask a marketing guy too many technical questions, I probably got off easier than usual.   1 Answer

Negotiation

A change in job title was arranged to accommodate my salary range. I was upgraded from staff PME to a PMM. A great hiring manager was the key.