Cypress Semiconductor Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cypress Semiconductor Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.6

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor.

Interview

The interview lasted for 5-6 hours and included lunch at a nearby restaurant. I met with 6 different people and discussed much of their needs and what they would be looking for from me if I got the job. There was a technical portion of the interview that went over my skill set and tested my knowledge of the job required skills.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with over commitment of your time in the past?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cypress Semiconductor

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

There was an online test consisting of aptitude and technical mcqs of average level after which there was one F2f interview for shortlisted students on the same day.
    The shortlisted students were called for F2f interviews at their office. 4-5 rounds were conducted on the same day(technical, managerial). The director round was supposed to be conducted on the same day but didn't not happen as the manager was busy.
    We had to come to the office two days later for the director round, in pre-talk he had mentioned that he doesn't care about our previous company and the package and other stuff, but he asked questions regarding those during the interview, was hoping that the results would be announced on that day, but they said they need a weeks time to announce the results.
    They did not get back to us even after weeks, they kept delaying it, the placement cordinator also mailed them and despite that no response on the results, and finally the director mailed and told that we will inform if we get a match between our resources and your profile, we don't recruit for the sake of it like the other companies do. This took more than 3 months after the process of the interview.
    Response was given only because of the mails sent to them, otherwise do not expect any response from their side.
    Overall the people who were handling the allotment of the interview pannel were good, but the way they took time to announce results (only upon being asked) is not acceptable , hope they improve on that and look from an job applicants point of view and recruit only when they need people who match their requirements and not conduct interviews and recuirt no one.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor (Bengaluru (India)) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online, I got call after some days and called for face to face interview. 4 round interview.
    1. face to face with director - mostly technical - C, strings programs, bitwise manipulations, linked list questions 2. wolf pack(group of 3 people) - they will test your patience by asking questions one by one even before you answer your previous question. 3. face to face with manager - Most of the questions related to your previous work experience, you have to be sure of what you mentioned in your resume, they will ask questions from your resume each and every thing.
    4. face to face with director of the division - It is mostly like a chat regarding your previous work, what kind of work you are going to perform etc.,

It will take 1 or 2 weeks to get call from them whether you got accepted or not. after that it will take 2 to 3 weeks to get offer letter. For me the whole process took around 1 and half month.

Interview Questions

• How to find out linked list is circular? Bit wise manipulation related questions. Questions on your previous work experience. clear, set, toggle at bit/bits. IPC mechanisms from linux/RTOS. I2C, SPI, UART questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pilani (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor (Pilani (India)) in October 2011.

Interview

Easy Interviews , DS questions and that too were too easy

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered level of fresher

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2011.

Interview

Pros:-
    1. Intelligent People.
    2. Looks more on your basic technical knowledge like C, Digital Electronics, Control Systems, Microcontrollers.
    3. HR round is cool they will ask basic questions like Why Cypress, Your achievements etc.
    4. In all written test that comprises electronics, C knowledge and 2 round of technical interviews followed by 2 rounds of HR interview.
    5. Good Compensation.

Con:-
    1. Very selective so low success ratio.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2011.

Interview

3 rounds of technical interviews followed by HR. The wolf pack as it is called was awesome. They asked really tricky questions based on logical design. It was tough, but very informative at the same time. The interview panel kind of makes it look scary but they are very cooperative

Interview Questions

• How do you swap two numbers without using a third variable   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2011.

Interview

1)Aptitude test, containing mostly questions on pnc,probability and 'C' .
    2)One on one interview for 'C' programming. mostly questions were on common sorting searching algos and many questions on bit programming.
    3)One on one questions on microprocessors, basics of 8051,8086, logical questions.
    4)Group interview on digital electronics basics, microprocessors
    6)H.R Round
    5)Telephonic interview
    6)Background check with references given.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions related to converting normal mathematical operations to bit programming.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor in January 2011.

Interview

a long process but a good one.
    Get your basics computer science 101 right

Interview Questions

• describe differences between an Interface and an Abstract Class   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2008.

Interview

there was wolf pack where three of interviewer would ask question. then one on one three times and then one telephonic interview.

Interview Questions

• why do you want become a software engineer?   2 Answers