Cypress Semiconductor Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cypress Semiconductor Systems Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Cypress Semiconductor

3.7

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor.

Interview

Got shortlisted thorugh job fair.
then One on campus interview, one phone screening and then onsite.

Interview Questions

• nothing difficult. asked system level stuff like bypass capacitor, Sram bus interface,uart.
    So if you are design person, you may be unware of board level stuff. so just be careful.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation. low salary than competitors.

Other Interview Reviews for Cypress Semiconductor

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor (Irvine, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

3 Onsite interviews, 2 Phone interviews. Ranging from interview with tentative manager, team members, directors, and fellows. The interview demonstrates approval across many levels of leadership so they can guarantee you fit the position and are able to be a team player that is passionate about resolving problems and eager to push yourself to limits without being afraid to admit 'I dont know.'

Interview Questions

• Technical questions regarding CoEx and WLAN optimization   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor in August 2010.

Interview

I was first contacted by telephone, and spoke with a manager and then with an engineer.
    I came in for an in-person interview and was provided a schedule. I was then ushered into a small, windowless room. Several interviewers spoke with me by speakerphone.
    I was asked several times to describe a time that I argued my position successfully, and how I handled conflicts. The "wolf pack" asked me to perform complicated trigonometry calculations on a whiteboard, and later asked me to write some C++ code on a whiteboard. I sensed that oral debate is an important part of the culture there, even at the engineering level.
    At the end of the day, I asked if I could see the engineering lab, as I had not been shown anything other than the small, windowless room.
    The people (other than the manager) seemed very professional, although the prevalence of company-logo shirts was a bit off-putting. Overall, it seemed like a rather impersonal work environment.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor in December 2010.

Interview

Phone screen to gauge worthiness of on site interview.
    On site interview typically consists of five 1-on-1 interviews and one 3 vs 1 meeting called the Wolf Pack.
    Candidates are screened for technically ability and philosophical fit with the company. You'll be asked questions revolving around Cypress' core values with situational questions, and technical questions testing your ability to do the job. You'll interview with potential coworkers and managers from teams you will interact with on the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

First offer is always low-ball (and sometimes insulting). I'm sure Cypress turns off a lot of good candidates due to the initial low-ball offer.