Cyracom International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 17, 2017

2.3

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cyracom International (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I was contacted first by someone in recruiting and talked about the job, I asked questions, then I talked to the head of IT and it was it was a good conversation. It covered questions I had about the company, the job, and then it started with questions I had for him. He took my questions and job history and basically went through my resume more conversationally than firing off questions which made it easier. In the end, it was more dialog than Q&A but make no mistake about it, it still covered everything about me and job skills which I expected, but more relaxed I guess. I couldn't answr some of the technical questions, they started more high level talking about how things worked together that I had on my resume, more so than your average canned questions with mixed difficult questions getting specific on items on my resume. Questions were asked about other technoloigies I had worked on and I expect more on just questions in my most recent job, which made it a little more difficult. I think I did a good job with the interview, but I need to revise my resume and somehow rate my experience level because while I've worked on stuff, I had a hard time talking in any detail. WHat was positive is that if I interview someone, i'm going to use his style as it wasn't robotic and 1.2.3.4. sorta thing. What I didn't like was he drilled into items or terms I said on my resume and I couldn't answer and he seemed to probe around those areas. If you interview, be ready to answer about stuff on your resume, it might seem informal, but he does probe into areas. Make sure you have how stuff works, why, and any lessons learned around projects you worked on, those were common threads. In the end, I told him I probably wasn't a good fit because didn't answer some of the questions well in voice and video sections. Its clear he expects if its on your resume you can speak to it, so be READY.

Interview Questions

• I think the first question was something like what questions you have for me about the job.   1 Answer
    • When I talked about a job or technology, he would come back with questions like tell me about that, what did you use SIP for, for example, what can you tell me about how to troubleshoot SIP, what did you learn about the project, what would you do differently if you had the chance, etc.   1 Answer
    • At the end, he asked me again if I had any other questions.   1 Answer

Interpreter/Translator Interview

Interview

Received two separate emails from the same person that they really needed someone to interview for my language. Interviewer set up a phone screen date and time so I blocked off some time in my schedule to meet with them. They never called. I emailed back, but never received a response. I don't know what is going on with in the company, but with the HR/interviewer person being the first line impression of that company, I have no desire to work for a company like that.

Interview Questions

• No interview question, because even though I was scheduled for a phone screening, the HR person never called and will not respond to my emails. I can only surmise that the respect I was shown as a potential employee would be reflected had I have been hired. Not cool guys.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cyracom International in May 2017.

Interview

Applied from CL, called me the next day for the initial to test if i knew the Spanish alphabet then followed a few days later with a language test (which i thought i failed) but apparently not. Discussed starting pay after second phone interview, and the type of schedule i could expect.

Software QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cyracom International (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

I don't usually review a company regarding their interview, but I was really, really unhappy with my interview. I feel others should be warned.

In the job posting I responded to, there are these key phrases:

"Be familiar with the SDLC methodology and its relationship with Quality Assurance."
    "Work with the Quality Assurance team to update existing and/or create new quality policies, procedures and guidelines."
    "Be a subject matter expert for your domain by staying on top of quality assurance industry and best practices."
    "Familiar with various types of testing including user, functional, regression, unit, stress, load, black box, white box, manual and automated testing techniques."
    "Familiarity with the MS .NET Framework, HTML, jQuery/JavaScript, MS SQL and telephony/IVR."
    "Experience with Agile"

This strongly suggests a QA role in which the person will be creating and executing automated testing scripts, working on process/procedure improvement, and developing and following a robust personal improvement plan with investment from the company.

During the interview, the company revealed that they were in fact looking for a very jr. QA person, who would spend 100% of their time on manual testing, and only manual testing, with minimal input into documentation, policy, procedures, or best practices.

It's very clear in my resume, cover letter and LinkedIn profile that I'm a Senior QA Specialist with serious automation experience, who has been functioning in a lead role for the last two or three years. I say, clearly, in my cover letter, that I really want to continue developing my trainer chops, and enjoy generating documentation and process improvement. There is nothing about my application that said that I was suitable for such a junior level role.

The overall impression I left with was that either the company was too disorganized to manage a job search, or that they had actively sought to mislead applicants in hopes of getting someone with extensive experience for rock-bottom wages.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my experience working remotely. That was about it. When I started asking more in depth questions (e.g., I became the interviewer in hopes of getting good info) I was given some very strange responses.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cyracom International (Tampa, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

the interview consisted of open ended questions that gave very little to elaborate on and had to exceed more than one minute in length. it was mainly a vague assesment on your working languages with very little preparation. The person giving the test was rude, mumbled and spoke very fast and have very little room to what needed to be translated.

Interview Questions

• describe your favorite meal and how itvwould be prepared   1 Answer

Independent Contractor Interpreter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cyracom International (Tulsa, OK) in April 2017.

Interview

I was thoroughly tested in fluency in English, but I wasn't tested in my target language at all. I suppose there was no-one there yet who could speak my language.

Spanish Interpreter Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cyracom International in February 2017.

Interview

After setting up a time for an interview, you get a call and they test your skills in both your languages. You go through a mock interpretation and they ask you to interpret a list of terms. It was a little bit difficult and at first I thought I had not passed, but I did. However, once I found out about the pay, $11.50 for this language pair, I declined because I believe this is too low for the kind of work. Also, they told me you need to commit to a schedule for the next six months and I need more flexibility.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cyracom International (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Got greeting right at the door. Have 4 laptops set up so you can fill out job application online and wait for a few minutes and got interview right then. Very casual and friendly interview. Were given a booklet to study the language checkup test.

Interpreter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cyracom International (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

it was quick and intense, at least from my side, I am not so sure that if they will hire me , but I would love to write down my thoughts about it and share with people who wants to take this challenge. I am Chinese and I speak mandarin.

Interview Questions

• how did you prepare for this language check-up, you can describe it down to details.   2 Answers

Interpreter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cyracom International (Tampa, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

Two calls from the Human Resources manager (ingrid), they will basically ask you very simple, generic questions in spanish and then in english, if you can asnwer them, you're in.