Cytec Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Cytec

2.9

Polymer Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cytec (Anaheim, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

I sent my resume through my school's job searching web page. After a week I sent them an email inquiring if they got my resume and I got an email right away saying that they wanted a phone interview on following week. The interviewer was very friendly and mostly asked behavioral questions rather than technical ones. However, they were looking for someone to start in next couple of months which I was not ready for. So I wasn't called up to the on site interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cytec.

Interview

The interview process was very long and involved 4 phone screens prior to an on location interview. The on site interview was conducted in panel interviews except with the highest ranking individual who met with me 1:1. Dinner with the HR Director was the highlight of the day.

Technical Services Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cytec (Anaheim, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me for 2 opening positions at Cytec. I told my recruiter I prefer one of the position but he sent my resume to both of them. One month later, my recruiter called me back for an onsite interview. I interviewed with the manager. I was asked about my past work experience, how I would fit to the new role, why I want to work here. The manager talked about the company, business and products they are doing. At the end of the interview, he walked me around the department and showed me a quick overview of the job. My recruiter called me back after the weekends and I got an offer. Overall, I have great experience with my agency and the new company. This is my dream industry I want to work for.

Not Disclosing Interview

Application

Interview

Applied for the position directly via their web site and heard nothing. 6 months later, I was called by a recruiter for the same position and did a phone interview screen. My first in-person interview did not include anyone from HR but did include 3 other relevant interviewers who were relevant. In the second round of interviews, I met the HR business partner for my area and he had zero soft-side skills. This was a red flag for an HR guy in this type of area.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any children? Are they grown?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Through the recruiter and financially successful but they would not move on matching my 4 weeks vacation. it is company policy here to only allow experienced professional joining the company to get 3 weeks maximum.

Strategic Sourcing Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Piedmont, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Cytec (Piedmont, SC) in April 2011.

Interview

The hiring was clumsy and Cytec failed to give background information. I was given an offer and had to wait 60-days before starting my employment. Signing bonus was committed than was never provided. 30, 60, 90-day review was never conducted and my hiring manager was terminated 30-days tenure.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question is how would you manage the relationship with the sites while also acting on instructions from Corporate and Corporate initiatives   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was curiously handled as a signing bonus was part of the offering package. Additionally, the employment contract for Cytec should be gone over thoroughly

Mechanical Engineer Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cytec (Lubbock, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

I met employers of Cytec at an engineering job fair. I was able to talk with them about the company producing composite materials, and from just being friendly they asked for my resume and for me to come interview with them the next day.

Weaver Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cytec (Greenville, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

Talk about me know how to run manufacturing machines. Talk about the last job i was on and will I be able to handle the job. Talked about the job I applied for.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to run multiple machines.   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cytec in May 2009.

Interview

Telephone interview then 1:1 interview with all job functions.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and weakness in subject areas not related to the job interviewing for.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riga (Latvia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cytec (Riga (Latvia)) in May 2012.

Interview

The interview was more focus in the private and professional behavior than in the technical skills. At every moment, they try to make you feel comfortable. The interview took us an hour an a half starting with the CV review but moving on quickly to the soft skills and previous situations in your life.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Heanor, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cytec (Heanor, England (UK)).

Interview

I has a telephone interview with the recruiter who explained me the role and what the business is looking for.
    With the company ,the first was interview was 1:1 with line manager including site tour, and second with line manager and the HR.
    Asking questions about my CV, past experience, career aspirations and what can I bring to the role.
    It was a typical interview, with not a lot of tricky questions.