D. E. Shaw Research Strategic Growth Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

D. E. Shaw Research Strategic Growth Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at D. E. Shaw Research

Strategic Growth Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at D. E. Shaw Research.

Interview

Was not the most difficult interview I'd done; stick to really touting your academic accomplishments, they seemed to like that. The company is a fantastic one, housed in New York City. They pay wages that can actually support you living there! Would have been nice to actually get the offer, but I'm not sure I would've taken the job in the end.

Interview Questions

• A couple technical questions to explain what it is that the company does (in scientific terms)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for D. E. Shaw Research

Strategic Growth Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at D. E. Shaw Research (New York, NY) in May 2009.

Interview

Submitted resume and they responded with a sheet requesting additional information and a writing sample. Then they scheduled a 30min phone interview. Mainly asked about my research, why I was interested in the job, and told me more about the position. Then flew me out for an all-day in-person interview all expenses paid. About 6 45min interviews with different people who asked wildly varying things. Really enjoyed the interviews overall- got into some interesting discussions. Mainly they seemed interested in what questions I had for them. Think I did well on everything, but in the end they went with an internal candidate. Whole process took about 4wks start-to-finish. No complaints- would have probably accepted the job if it had been offered. Seemed like a cool place to work.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest misconception people have about you?   Answer Question