D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm Member Technical Interview Questions | Glassdoor

D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm Member Technical Interview Questions

4.0

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Member Technical Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm in August 2016.

Interview

It was a long process.The first round was online coding + technical MCQ + Aptitude + system questions.The questions were mainly of CN,OS,DS and Algorithms.Out of around 100,14 were selected for the next round.Next round was an interview round and questions were mainly of CN and OS.Then there was a HR round.After that 3 were selected.Final round was another technical interview round and finally only 1 person was selected from Mtech dual degree.(Btech,Mtech Dual degree and Mtech were allowed to sit for the company).

Interview Questions

• Questions were mainly on OS like what does 32 bit and 64 bit mean.IPC and Networking.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm

Member Technical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm (Hyderabad (India)) in December 2013.

Interview

1 telephonic round : Mostly Technical around C/C++ , Networking ,OS .
    2 Rounds In house:
    Interview panel size - 2
    Mostly C++ , operating system , DBMS , networking basics.
    1 HR round : Mostly my likes , dislikes , why am I switching . etc. I think this was the round where I nailed it.
    A lot of background check followed

Interview Questions

• How do you implement all OOP principles in C   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had to negotiate a bit (even though the initial offer was way better than my current salary) and succeeded.

Member Technical Interview

Interview

Written test containing both aptitude and programming questions (C C++ and Java)
    Interview round 1.5 hours asking questions ranging from data structures to puzzles to general outlook.
    Candidate is hired with overall consensus of all panel members