D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2017

4.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Had to go through a phone screen, which was some coding via an online editor. After that there was an onsite at their offices. The offices were really nice. Overall the process was very streamlined and professional. Everyone that I met was very nice and courteous and have been working there for many years. I can see why they have the reputation that they do and no one wants to leave.

Interview Questions

• Typical CS type interview questions but with more a focus on math type problems.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I was invited to one of their career fairs. I went to the career fair and met with some members of the development and trading teams. I then applied immediately afterward. I didn't hear back for over 2 months until they emailed me saying that they were not going to set up an interview. I was very disappointed - why even ask someone to take the time to attend your event if you are not even going to treat them decently and at least give them a first round phone interview afterward? I have worked at two of the Big 4 companies and was expecting at least a first round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm (New York, NY) in August 2008.

Interview

Applied over the web. They responded by email and set up a tech interivew over the phone. I was then called down for a full day inerview. They took me out to lunch to a nice restaurant.

They advertised for a particular skill but expected broad knowledge. The questioning was vigorous but polite. They asked me to solve puzzles and riddles. Similar to a microsoft interview.

According to wiki, they hire only 1 out of 100 those interviewed.

Interview Questions

• GIven 9 balls all of which weigh the same except for one, what is the minimum of weighings necessary to find the ball weighs more (or less).   28 Answers

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Patiala (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm (Patiala (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

First they shortlist the students based on their cg in campus recruitments. futher on a written test is conducted comprising of technical and aptitude questions. then three to five rounds are conducted for technical and HR interviews.