D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm Systems Administrator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm Systems Administrator Interview Questions

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screen followed by an onsite with both single and group interviews. The interviews were for the most part non-technical. Although they claimed to be looking for people with general skills, from the questions they asked, they seemed more interested in specific areas of knowledge. It was clear from the first initial interview at the onsite I did not have what they were looking for, so it is unclear why I was even asked to come.

Interview Questions

• A user is unable to install this software. How would you go about diagnosing the problem?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

Interview was very easy..I M not in the list of first round successors. Next day they called me for an interview even I scored 9.5/50. Very basic networking,Linux,windows question .u must be clear and thorough about the contents in ur resume.next round is HR interview.. Just about ur experience and salary questions.. Third round was technical round with the same people who took first round interview.

Interview Questions

• What is filesystem in Linux.journals ,SSH working without password,types of hard disks,DNS mechanism,OSI layer....   1 Answer

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm (Hyderabad (India)) in July 2013.

Interview

An initial shortlist was carried out through a written round consisting of 3 papers - Aptitude, Technical, Latest Technological Innovations. Next, the resumes of the shortlisted candidates were considered for next elimination. Finally from around 150 students that appeared for the process, 12 students remained at the end of the resume round.
    The next stage was the interview. 2 technical rounds followed by an HR round.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not try to negotiate.

Systems Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm.

Interview

-it had 1 written, 2 technical, 1 stress interview and 1HR round. (campus selection process)
    -written was very tough n very less time was given, negative marks for wrong marking.
    -somehow i got through the written round
    -first round for me was so shocking, completely non technical questions were asked in my panel, the other panel was asking only technical questions.
    - well i didnt clear my first round, my friend had cleared.
    -for him second round was in the other panel n technical stuff were asked, but was easy.
    -first round they asked me some shocking and unexpected questions.
    - stress interview was really stressful, they asked differences between a game n a sport..
    - seems easy, but some ppl come out of interview hall n burst out in tears. they got seriously offended.

Interview Questions

• what is DCIM in digital camera?   1 Answer
    • http and https differences   1 Answer
    • can u write on a pdf file???   1 Answer
    • where quartz crystals are used???   1 Answer
    • can u print a file that u r viewing using google docs???   1 Answer