D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm Trading Interview Questions | Glassdoor

D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm Trading Interview Questions

3.3

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I had a first round interview on the phone.
Come from a non-US school in my penultimate year of study. Applied online and received a call for an interview a few days later.

Interview Questions

• You know that I have 2 children and 1 boy among them at least. What is the probability that my other child is a girl?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm

Trading Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm in January 2011.

Interview

Interviewer seemed a bit uninterested or preoccupied. Standard behavioral questions, running through your resume and experiences. Asked about the market and a couple of brainteasers. Allowed time for questions at the end.

Trading Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm in April 2008.

Interview

The interview was fairly quantitative based. It had a lot to do with statistics, probability, and reversion to the mean. The interviewers try to put some pressure on you to see how you react and sort through things. They were friendly but will try to expose your weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• How many stacks of dimes would it take to reach the top of a 10 story building if they were stacked one on top of the other?   1 Answer