D+H Interview Questions | Glassdoor

D+H Interview Questions

Updated Jul 17, 2017

2.8

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at D+H in November 2016.

Interview

3 Phone Interviews, 1 in-person interview. HR appeared distracted and not focused on the interview. Kept looking at the clock. Could not describe the role or priorities in the firm. Never saw the hiring manager. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Describe why you are the perfect candidate   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at D+H (Pleasanton, CA).

Interview

A job agent found me the job for a company called Ultradata over 20 years ago. I just graduated from college majored in Computer Science then. In 2001 Ultradata was bought by Harland Financial Solutions which was acquired by D+H 3 years ago.

Interview Questions

• They asked my GPA at school which I told them (3.4).   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at D+H in August 2016.

Interview

First there was a phone screen with a Sr.Recruiter that lasted 15 minutes. Then a phone interview was scheduled a week later with the Hiring Mgr. Then a face to face was scheduled a week later with the Hiring Mgr, and one colleague. I was offered the job a week later.

Interview Questions

• Tell my about your background in Project Management?   1 Answer

Director of Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at D+H (Orlando, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

Very straightforward, applied online, was supposed to have an initial phone interview, but that was cancelled in favor of an in person interview. Had a marathon session, meeting with 8 different people, most of the interviews went well. I could tell the VP did not like me which probably negated any chance I had.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the finitech space, what trends do you see?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mequon, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at D+H (Mequon, WI) in July 2016.

Interview

1 HR phone interview. 1 Tech phone interview. 1 on-site Tech interview. About 4 hours total. HR kept asking me for feedback about each interview, which seemed odd. Hiring manager had few prepared questions. Hiring manager provided minimal feedback or communication during the interview. HR was very helpful and communicative. Office felt abandoned. Terrible reviews on GlassDoor were a big concern for me. Building exterior was rundown.

Interview Questions

• What would do on your first day on the job?   1 Answer

Senior Linux Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at D+H (Englewood, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied for the job through an online job board at the beginning of the month. The position was located at their office in Englewood, Colorado. The interview process was
    -1 technical phone screen with HR Recruiter for 30 minutes
    -1 technical phone interview with Hiring Manager for 1 hour
    -1 onsite technical panel interview with Hiring Manager and Team for 2 hours

The HR Recruiter contacted me within the first week of the month. The technical phone screen with the HR Recruiter was all about pointing out to them my DevOps experience. The HR Recruiter was friendly and spoke in an uplifting tone. The recruiter asked about Linux servers, Java programming, Jenkins testing, Puppet orchestration, Chef orchestration, JVM middleware, shell scripting, PCI compliance, infrastructure operations, e-commerce websites, database programming. I was asked how many years of experience I had working with each technology. I was also asked about my team leadership and my work ethic.

During the first week of the month I spoke with the Hiring Manager. Hiring Manager started the interview by telling me the position as Senior Linux Systems Engineer was filled and was no longer available; then he asked me if I was interested in interviewing for the position as DevOps Engineer. He asked me questions about DevOps, JVM middleware, Java apps, Linux servers, shell scripting, Puppet orchestration, Cfengine orchestration, Ansible orchestration, and server migrations. He spoke to me in a friendly tone, but he was disorganized and illogical. He asked me two slippery slope questions in which he reversed a phrase I said then he asked me is that what I meant. He also asked me circular questions about the differences between Puppet and Ansible.

About two weeks later the HR Recruiter followed up with a request for an onsite technical panel interview. The address of their office is actually located in Centennial, but they say it's in Englewood. They have a "process" for entering the building and waiting in the lobby. The main entrance is a locked glassdoor that can only be opened from the inside, behind a security entry room. So I had to enter the security entry room then wait for someone on the other side of the glassdoor to see me standing there; a woman sitting at a desk in front of the glassdoor saw me then asked me what I was doing there and what I wanted from them. I had to shout my answers for the woman to hear me. It made me feel like I was trespassing. As soon as I was let in to the lobby I was told I had to show them my Colorado Driver's License for them to verify my identity. I was told that I wasn't allowed to (1) be in the parking lot alone; (2) wait in the lobby alone; and (3) someone from building security will be present at all times to escort me. (I don't understand this at all because the building doesn't have a fence/wall around it and more than one business is located in same office space.)

After 10 minutes the Hiring Manager showed up and led me to a conference room to meet the team. The "team" is only the Hiring Manager and another guy. They told me they run DevOps for the entire company, and no one else in the company knew anything about it. They said their entire infrastructure was coded in Puppet. They asked me typical Linux sysadmin questions focused on solving storage problems, nothing too complicated. Hiring Manager asked me one question about developing custom modules in Puppet. I answered all of their questions with PCI compliance in my mind. In response to one question I answered, they insisted that removing log data without questioning it should have been my response. Later I was allowed to ask some questions. Hiring Manager told me he knows what automation is and he knows what programming is, but he doesn't have any experience; only the other guy was responsible for doing both of those things. They said they're using Jenkins for testing but they didn't know what kind of testing they're doing. They told me that the infrastructure is too complicated to document and to keep track of bugs because they still haven't figured it out.

Interview Questions

• Typical Linux sysadmin questions focused on solving storage problems   Answer Question

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at D+H in November 2015.

Interview

I received a link via email for a virtual interview which consisted of a few situational questions. I was asked to look into the webcam and record an answer to each question. My recorded answers were then sent to HR for evaluation.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at D+H.

Interview

hr will conduct first interview, then an in person interview with both HR AND management. with the typical personality questions and a small skills test. both the hr representatives and manager will compare notes and if they like they will contact references

Interview Questions

• being in IT, a lot of times you have trial and error, name a time when you inadvertently caused more issues while trying to solve an issue at hand   1 Answer

Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at D+H (Lake Mary, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

Standard Process to interview. I was told before I left for the airport by 3 different people that the job was mine and all they needed was a couple of people to sign off on my offer. However...a week and a half later I was told that they had a shift in management and the new manager (whom I never met) felt that even though the others said I was more than qualified, didn't want to even conduct a follow up phone interview based on the recommendations. So basically, they retracted the offer. The whole process was a joke and cost me hundreds of dollars, all for nothing.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

Application

Interview

The interview process was multi-stepped. It included a video interview, a phone interview, and lastly an on-site interview. All three were very easily setup and straight forward.

The video interview was done via a 3rd party website. It was not live instead I was given questions and answered them via webcam recording.
    The phone interview was like any other phone interview. I scheduled a time with the hiring manager and we held our interview.
    The on-site interview took place in a conference room at the company's office.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why do I want to work at D+H
      Q: Talk about a failure and how you overcame it.   Answer Question