D.R. Horton Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 8, 2017

2.0

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at D.R. Horton.

Interview

Stopped by a office my luck the manager was there and interviewed for about 15 minutes ... he gave me his card and said to "maybe send my resume" and I did and got emailed for a second round ... simple questions a week later still waiting

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for D.R. Horton

Anonymous Employee in Santa Rosa Beach, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at D.R. Horton (Santa Rosa Beach, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

I met the assistant sales manager at a job fair and he asked that I come in for an interview. 1st interview with assistant sales manager mostly. 2nd interview with sales manager. Pretty straight forward with them describing what was required of the position and what to expect. No tough questions. They made it feel like more of a discussion and less like a job interview. The interviews were mostly them feeling out my experience. They did an excellent job describing the demands of the job and making sure I was willing to put in the work.

Interview Questions

• How much money do you want to make?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at D.R. Horton.

Interview

I was invited into the office to interview for a summer position. The people who interviewed me were very nice and welcoming, and very honest about how much they enjoy their experience in the company. They ask the typical interview questions, none of them were that big of a surprise.

Interview Questions

• I was not surprised by any of the questions that they asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Being a young college student, I did not negotiate, but I could have if I wanted to.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at D.R. Horton (Tampa, FL).

Interview

meet and greet, some ramdom questions about what was on my resume, it took a long time for the decission and start date, training was non existant

Interview Questions

• if you had to choose would you be a fox or a rabbit   2 Answers

Negotiation

here's what you get, take it or leave it. i have a stack of resumes on my desk./ I took it and so far so good

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at D.R. Horton (San Diego, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

Started as a temp employee and in 4 months got hired full time as their employee. No real interview. They hire their friends. I was lucky. I had a friend.

Interview Questions

• No real interview. I was offered a job because I knew someone. They only hire their friends.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None it was here it is take it or leave it.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at D.R. Horton in January 2010.

Interview

Interview process was fairly easy-they are most interested in your sales abilities and track record. Nepotism is also good-name dropping will gain you points. It depends on who is interviewing you-ceo will try to show how smart hwe is, others will be more welcome.

Interview Questions

• How would you ask for the order?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Time off up front is very good to discuss if they have an interest-it's very hard to schedule it later on.