D2L Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

D2L Interview Questions in Canada

Updated May 22, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at D2L (Kitchener, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by e-mail 2 days after applying online, asking when I'd be available for a phone interview. I set up a time using an online tool that they linked me to. The interview was with a person from HR. The interviewer was kind and professional. The questions asked were all non-technical.

After the interview was finished, I received an e-mail exactly 1 week later telling me that they were pursuing other candidates.

Interview Questions

• - Tell me about yourself.
      - What do you know about our company?
      - What 3 things would you bring to the team?
      - What did you do at your last job that is relevant to this position?
      - Why are you/why did you leave your last job?
      - Do you have any questions for me?
      Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at D2L (Kitchener, ON (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

3 rounds: phone with HR, then online test with a developer, and onsite 3 hour interview. Questions are data structure/algorithm related, also 1 class diagram and 1 code review question. Overall it was a good experience. I thought I would get an offer but I didn't. Pretty disappointed

Interview Questions

• Mostly data structure and algorithm questions. Big O...   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at D2L (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

The first phone call was a few days after application submission. Then they gave me a take home task to do and then a 3-hour interview with the managers and developers.

Interview Questions

• Interviewers were super friendly and nice. Asked some questions regarding my resume and take-home test.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at D2L (Kitchener, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

There were 3 interview stages in 3 weeks. The company contacted me within 24 hours after each interview with the next steps. They showed excellent communication of the recruiting process and where I stood. The offer, benefits and other pertinent information were delivered in detail during a phone conversation. It was all very professional and appreciated.

Interview Questions

• Questions to clarify resume points and experience relevance.   Answer Question

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at D2L (Kitchener, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Initially met with HR representative. Then did a 3 person panel interview. Then met with the virtually. Overall, everyone was very friendly and encouraging and I was happy to have this experience.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever conducted a business review? What was your approach?   Answer Question

PR Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at D2L (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Unprofessional, poorly communicated, time consuming and disappointing are the words I'd use to describe my interview experience. 5 interviews (2 in person, 3 phone) over 5 weeks. Some of the interviews were arranged with less than a day's notice. Hiring manager wrote to me after 4th interview and said I was a great fit for the role and company and alluded to the job being mine. Provided references and heard nothing back until I reached out to HR more than a week later. Had one more interview and was later informed that they needed to finalize the role as they couldn't agree on what level the role was at. I withdrew my application as I couldn't wait around for them to figure out something that should've been finalized before the job was posted. Some appalling behaviour was demonstrated throughout the process:
    1. HR sent me an email and referred to me as Robert, who was the other candidate, I believe.
    2. One of the VPs who interviewed me face to face was slouched in his chair and checking his phone throughout the entire interview.
    3. HR asked for referees and never contacted them. They never communicated with me until I reached out asking what was going on.
    4. One interview was 2 hours away. I had to take a day off from my other job to accommodate. I also used my petrol and car but wasn't even offered compensation.
    Terrible experience overall. Glad I withdrew my application. Feel like I dodged a bullet.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about crisis communications, despite detailing my 10 years' experience multiple times throughout the process.   Answer Question

Poor experience. It was indicative of the what it would've been like to work there.

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at D2L (Kitchener, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

First round - call. The interviewer called me and started first off with asking me about myself/my experience. Continued on to ask why I wanted to work at D2L, what I thought a Community Manager did, etc.

Overall it was a simple interview that I was not fully prepared for, which was my own issue. Second round of interviews would've been a face-to-face interview, followed by a presentation.

Interview Questions

• What can you contribute?, What would your typical day look like?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at D2L (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

4 interviews.
    1. Phone interview with HR (15 min)
    2. online coding test on hacker rank (1 hr)
    3. online coding test with a programmer from D2L (pair programming - 30 min)
    4. on site interview (3 hr)
    --------
    after this may 1 or more but I was rejected after 4th one.

Interview Questions

• at 2.
      - mostly DS related questions (e.g., bst, stack related problem)
      at 3.
      - one programming question (asked about big o and other)
      - one code review.
      at 4.
       - one programming question (mine swiper mine count ) and one class design question -1hr
       - one programming question (ranking based on marks) and one code review question -1hr
      Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at D2L.

Interview

My interview process consists of a 30 minutes phone interview with a member from the HR team, a 1 hour tech test using HackerRank (4 m/c and 3 coding questions), and a 30 min tech phone interview with coding test (screen sharing using HackerRank). Tech test focused on data structures and algorithms.

Content Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at D2L.

Interview

The initial phone interview didn't start on time, I had to contact the recruiter to see if she was still available. She then asked me to join a Skype call, when initially she had said she would call me. When I explained that I was on my mobile phone and not at a computer, she said we'd have to reschedule. She did not mention that I'd need to be at a computer in the initial email. We rescheduled for the next week and the recruiter again did not call me at the scheduled time. She attempted to reschedule once more but that this point, my opinion on D2L was set: not the company for me.

D2L Response

Jun 17, 2016 – Recruitment & Talent Management Coordinator

Thank you for letting us know. I am very sorry to hear this. This is definitely not the experience we generally provide to candidates. As the Recruitment Partner for Marketing, I’d love to have the ... More