D2L Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 1, 2018

70 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Product Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at D2L (Kitchener, ON (Canada)) in December 2017.

Interview

Received an email from Recruitment office requesting telephonic interview. Once completed I was sent an take home assessment, After which I was invited for an in-person interview on-site with the hiring manager. Received offer within 2 business days after the in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe one of the times when you have delivered exceptional service?   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at D2L (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Phone Interview. The interviewer was pretty nice. The interview has taken about 15 minutes. I think I did not get the offer just because I was way too nervous.

Interview Questions

• Given email addresses, how to get names and domains by using excel?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at D2L in September 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a HR person for less than a 30 minutes. She mentioned she is forwarding my resume to the hiring manager. After 2 weeks I got an email saying they moved forward with other candidates in the process.

Interview Questions

• Normal behavioural questions, 1) Top 3 skills you are bringing to the company, 2) How did you find out about the company/job, 3) Previous experience   Answer Question

Enterprise Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at D2L (Kitchener, ON (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

3 parts: Phone with HR (30 mins), meeting with direct manager (1 hour), meeting with senior team members + a primary stakeholder in role (2 hours).

The phone interview was relaxed and simple, predictable questions. Process was very quick, with in the person interview the day after phone, then the 3rd the day after that.

Very nice and welcoming interviewers, and very professional.

Interview Questions

• What do we do here?   1 Answer
    • Why did you apply at D2L?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you had a challenge implementing a system, and how you dealt with that.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at D2L (Kitchener, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by e-mail 2 days after applying online, asking when I'd be available for a phone interview. I set up a time using an online tool that they linked me to. The interview was with a person from HR. The interviewer was kind and professional. The questions asked were all non-technical.

After the interview was finished, I received an e-mail exactly 1 week later telling me that they were pursuing other candidates.

Interview Questions

• - Tell me about yourself.
      - What do you know about our company?
      - What 3 things would you bring to the team?
      - What did you do at your last job that is relevant to this position?
      - Why are you/why did you leave your last job?
      - Do you have any questions for me?   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at D2L (Kitchener, ON (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

3 rounds: phone with HR, then online test with a developer, and onsite 3 hour interview. Questions are data structure/algorithm related, also 1 class diagram and 1 code review question. Overall it was a good experience. I thought I would get an offer but I didn't. Pretty disappointed

Interview Questions

• Mostly data structure and algorithm questions. Big O...   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at D2L (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

The first phone call was a few days after application submission. Then they gave me a take home task to do and then a 3-hour interview with the managers and developers.

Interview Questions

• Interviewers were super friendly and nice. Asked some questions regarding my resume and take-home test.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at D2L (Kitchener, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

There were 3 interview stages in 3 weeks. The company contacted me within 24 hours after each interview with the next steps. They showed excellent communication of the recruiting process and where I stood. The offer, benefits and other pertinent information were delivered in detail during a phone conversation. It was all very professional and appreciated.

Interview Questions

• Questions to clarify resume points and experience relevance.   Answer Question

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at D2L (Kitchener, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Initially met with HR representative. Then did a 3 person panel interview. Then met with the virtually. Overall, everyone was very friendly and encouraging and I was happy to have this experience.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever conducted a business review? What was your approach?   Answer Question

PR Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at D2L (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Unprofessional, poorly communicated, time consuming and disappointing are the words I'd use to describe my interview experience. 5 interviews (2 in person, 3 phone) over 5 weeks. Some of the interviews were arranged with less than a day's notice. Hiring manager wrote to me after 4th interview and said I was a great fit for the role and company and alluded to the job being mine. Provided references and heard nothing back until I reached out to HR more than a week later. Had one more interview and was later informed that they needed to finalize the role as they couldn't agree on what level the role was at. I withdrew my application as I couldn't wait around for them to figure out something that should've been finalized before the job was posted. Some appalling behaviour was demonstrated throughout the process:
    1. HR sent me an email and referred to me as Robert, who was the other candidate, I believe.
    2. One of the VPs who interviewed me face to face was slouched in his chair and checking his phone throughout the entire interview.
    3. HR asked for referees and never contacted them. They never communicated with me until I reached out asking what was going on.
    4. One interview was 2 hours away. I had to take a day off from my other job to accommodate. I also used my petrol and car but wasn't even offered compensation.
    Terrible experience overall. Glad I withdrew my application. Feel like I dodged a bullet.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about crisis communications, despite detailing my 10 years' experience multiple times throughout the process.   Answer Question

Poor experience. It was indicative of the what it would've been like to work there.