DAI Interview Questions in Bethesda, MD | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DAI (Bethesda, MD).

Interview

Questionnaire sent to the candidate as initial screening. First round in-person interview: interviewed by one staff member. Second round in-person interview: 2 panel interviews followed by 1 hour writing test.

Interview Questions

• In the writing test - write a sample proposal to USAID   1 Answer

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DAI (Bethesda, MD) in May 2011.

Interview

Panel interview with several levels of employees assigned with various functions working on projects in the respective division. The interview was about 2 hours with some of the staff coming and going during that period of time. Interview was led by home office project director. Questions ranged from technical subjects to management style.

Interview Questions

• Knowledge of Implementation, managing staff, working with various clients both internal and external.   Answer Question

Negotiation

based on past salary level.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DAI (Bethesda, MD) in March 2010.

Interview

They are a smaller company (though have other worldwide locations) in business to provide development services and implement sustainable programs around the world. With that focus, you get the idea that the staff is truly working there because they are personally committed to helping people ... and that really reflects in the interview process. So, there's no "You're an unworthy person/job candidate until you prove otherwise" attitude when you sit down with them. If you have the same passion as they do--and of course the right education & experience--you'll have more than a fair shot at getting on there.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to do this kind of work?   1 Answer
    • Why us and not others who do similar work? (or something like that)   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DAI (Bethesda, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

Informal. More like a conversation. No "trap" questions. Asked how I would achieve each of the jobs main objectives. Had a lot of time to ask questions and was happy I had prepared some ahead of time and typed them. They were impressed to see my typewritten list.

Interview Questions

• Tell us of a conflict situation in your work and how you dealt with it   1 Answer
    • Tell us about yourself   1 Answer

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DAI (Bethesda, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

About 3 weeks after I applied I had a 30 minute phone Interview. They primarily asked about my previous experience in communications work, asking specific questions based on my resume. They also asked why I wanted to work for this specific project. Within a few days I was contacted to schedule an in-person interview and writing test. I went to the office and they asked more questions about my previous experiences. Then, the writing test was to synthesize and USAID report.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time at a past job where you had ideas for improvement and were unable to move forward.   Answer Question

Project Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DAI (Bethesda, MD) in July 2015.

Interview

Unecessarily long hiring process that involved 4 in phone and in person interviews and spanned over 2 months. Interviews were fairly easy with friendly staff. Two tests: Excel and writing skills.

Project Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DAI (Bethesda, MD).

Interview

After a questionnaire to be filled out at home, I had an interview with a panel of project managers and project associate. There were questions from each, focusing on my skills and how I could assist DAI in their projects. The questions were all pretty open ended, as well as a few that were questions from my resume about training and projects I'd been a part of.
    It was helpful to have a few questions in mind at the end of the interview when they asked "Do you have any questions for US?"

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DAI (Bethesda, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an e-mail from a recruiter to schedule the in-person interview. I interviewed with three people. They didn't have too many formal questions prepared. The interview was more conversational, which I appreciated. I was contacted with a notice of non-selection from the recruiter a little over a month after my interview. Although I wasn't offered the position, the recruiter was responsive from the beginning of the process, and the panel was informative and laid back. Good experience all in all.

Interview Questions

• -How do you like to be managed.

-What keeps you motivated/what motivates you on a daily basis.

-Describe a time you made a mistake and what you learned from it.   Answer Question

Sector Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DAI (Bethesda, MD) in March 2014.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews to my knowledge, first was just to touch base, second evaluated my abilities in French, third was in person interview with some members of the Global team

Interview Questions

• Questions focused mainly on office/ interpersonal issues which was somewhat odd seeing as the previous interview tested abilities and gauged one's knowledge of the int'l development sector.   Answer Question

Senior Manager, Corporate Recruitment Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DAI (Bethesda, MD) in July 2014.

Interview

I was initially contacted by the Sr. Vice President of Human Resources after applying for this role. The interview process included a two series of meetings with HR Management team in a 1:1 and panel style format. Questions were thorough and concise targeting core recruitment, compliance and management skills and abilities. The entire process was great and I was immediately drawn to DAI's culture and professionalism.

Interview Questions

• What is motivating your interest in this role (and in DAI) at this time?   Answer Question