DAL Global Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.9

Sort:

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DAL Global Services (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Here are 3 questions to guide you:

1. Do you really NEED another employee?
    When you’re first starting out, you’re hiring someone for one of two reasons: (1) because you have pushed your own limits of how much you can work in a day (aka you’re going insane by working so much), or (2), the person you’re hiring has a skill that you simply don’t have and the time spent learning that skill would not be worth it for your business.

Think of yourself — how many hours you put in, how much work you do to spur your business or the business you’re working for. Now duplicate yourself. Is there actually enough work to be done that there could be a clone of you working simultaneously and not be bored or off-task throughout the day?

And if you simply don’t have a skill needed, rethink that aspect of your business. Is there anyone else already on the team that has that particular skill? Is that task that you think needs to get done absolutely core to your business? If yes, then hire. If not, then hold off until it’s absolutely necessary.

2. How do you hire? Immediately, or a trial period?
    Companies bring new hires onto the team in different ways. Some startups tend to hire people like developers on a Friday as salaried employees, and ask them to be at work on Monday — mostly because their skill set is definite and because their job takes place in a space that needs to be confined. (We can’t have our engineers working from Starbucks while writing all of our code to improve security on our site.)

Performance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DAL Global Services (Spokane, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a first interview over the phone. The interview itself was very informal. They asked about my experience and items from my resume, and why I wanted to work in aviation. When asked if I was willing to work a shift that included weekends I stopped the interview and withdrew my application. I wish that the job description on the website had been more detailed and included detail such as day to day job duties and shift requirements.
    At any rate they seemed like nice people, and I hope they find a good fit.

Training Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DAL Global Services (San Diego, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

The process of applying and being scheduled for an interview took approximately 30 days. The interview was a two person panel interview lasting about 30 minutes. It was a very pleasant and informative interview. I was placed at ease immediately and found it to a relaxed but, professional meeting.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to define integrity.   1 Answer

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DAL Global Services (Atlanta, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

Basic questions that is normally asked in an interview. Since it is a company that hires contractors, the questions are really easy. They do drug testing and check references.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DAL Global Services (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Simple interview. Asked the normal behavioral questions. A two person panel. Comfortable environment. There is nothing else to say. I was coming from a different airline so it was pretty easy to me.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DAL Global Services (Dallas, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Was very brief had the interview and was basically hired on the spot. Asked me some very simple interview questions. Went in and got the job right then and there.

Interview Questions

• Name a time I had a conflict with a co worker and how did we resolve it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DAL Global Services (Pensacola, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Hiring took about a week for the whole process. There were a lot of forms to fill out (this is a job where you can go to jail for messing up), a pre-employment drug screening had to be completed, and the formal interview had to be done. The interview was the easiest part, as we sat in a chair in the ticket counter waiting area and the interviewer asked me a few questions.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle the extreme weather conditions we experience here?   Answer Question
    • Are you aware of the potential for jail time if an aircraft is damaged?   Answer Question

Ramp Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DAL Global Services.

Interview

I was ushered through a door near baggage claim in the airport and met my interviewer in a break room. After he asked a few questions about my experience, I was taken out to the ramp, shown around, watched a plane get pushed out and went back inside. After meeting a few team members and shaking hands, I basically got the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What kind of equipment have I used in the past?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DAL Global Services (Detroit, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process and hiring process is self explanatory and easy. They USUALLY hire you on the spot. The background check though is REALLY rigorous. They WILL contact your previous employers, they WILL see all of your criminal history regardless of the offense, and they WILL also pull up your whole driving record. Every speeding and parking ticket will be included in your background check. So I was denied employment because I had 4-5 speeding tickets on my driving record which did not include ANY reckless driving, DUI/OWI, or even speeding over 5. All of my speeding tickets were 5 over and yet I still got denied a job.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DAL Global Services (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2014.

Interview

they just want someone honestly they don't care if you are the dumbest human being that existed

Negotiation

na