DBS Bank Interview Questions in Singapore | Glassdoor

Updated May 11, 2017

2.8

Banking Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DBS Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2017.

Interview

1st round resume screening by HR. After which you will receive an email to do a short 12-minute online assessment (the usual banking online assessment). once you pass, HR will forward your resume to hiring manager of the departments you applied (maximum three). Another round of resume screening by hiring manager. You will be notified for an interview then.
    My interviewer, which later turns out to be my direct manager, was very nice. One to one interview. Asked about my education and my IT skills. Standard questions such as "why bank" and "why dbs" were asked as well. After the interview I was asked to do an Excel test (written) and a vba test (which she planned to let me do but did not in the end because I knew nothing about coding).

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DBS Bank (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

First is a video interview, then some online tests then in person interview.

3 people interviewing you. 2 tech person and 1 from HR. Generally okay. However I did not have a good experience with questions from the app development guy. He appears to be not very well versed in frontend development stuffs and as such seems to think that I am giving him wrong answers.

As an interviewee, I don't feel that appropriate to correct him.

Did not get the job as expected

Bank Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at DBS Bank (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Process was easy, only did a phone interview due to the busy schedule of the team, walk through resume and briefly explained the job scope and requirements, the location of the department and the working hours

Branch Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DBS Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview arranged within a week of application. Met with 2 area managers and the discussion revolved around my motivations and challenges transiting from my current servicing role to a sales role.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about an instance when you went above and beyond.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DBS Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2017.

Interview

Few round of interviews. Being single interviewer and few rounds with panel. The interview was conducted in their main office in the EAST of Singapore. Interviewed was smooth

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DBS Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2017.

Interview

Meeting with branch manager first, then with HR to check with information and detail. Questions are on the average and no surprised questions during the interview. Questions including why do you want this job and tell me about yourself.

Graduate Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DBS Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2017.

Interview

Case Interview (Give you a case and you have to justify your reasons for your answers)
    Introduction (Tell me about yourself etc.)
    Behavioural questions and a few technical questions to gauge if you are suitable for the role
    Panel of Interviewers (3-4)

Graduate Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DBS Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2016.

Interview

1) Told to do a online assessment. (50 MCQ-12 mins and online behavioral assessment)
    2) Online Interview ( Given 5-7 Questions - each takes about 1.5min to answer)
    3) Assessment Centre/Panel Interview (Case Studies and presentation)

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself in 3-5 years time?   1 Answer

Branch Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DBS Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2016.

Interview

whole process took ard 2+ weeks, Phone call Interview followed by FTF interview with a panel (4 ppl)
    hard to make eye contact with everyone. Mostly is HR and Director asking question. Others 2 seems to be nodding the head and listenning.

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DBS Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview asking on your reason as to why you want to join dbs , followed by 2 online assessment( one timed and the other is not timed) , phone interview , manager interview , hr interview.