DC Energy Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DC Energy Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at DC Energy

4.0

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DC Energy.

Interview

I did a resume drop through my schools career services website and heard back within two weeks. The first round interview was a short case interview and the second round was the next day and included two interviews each lasting around forty-five to fifty-five minutes. They asked questions based on information they gave you and had one question about a computer simulation.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for DC Energy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DC Energy (Washington, DC) in October 2011.

Interview

Applied through university career services, then got offered an interview. First round interview was about half and hour, a computer science question, algorithm-based. Later that night got a phone call offering me a 2nd round interview the next day. That was 2 45-minute interviews back to back, both were much more quantitative in nature. Also got to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Which power plant would you build, coal, natural gas, or oil?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DC Energy.

Interview

I interviewed on Campus. The first round interview was fairly difficult. It required some math knowledge. The second round interviews were still on campus but were two separate interviews. One of them wasn't too difficult but the other I struggled with a lot. I was surprised I got invited back for the office day. The office day was incredible. Just interviewing with this company was worth it even though I ended up choosing another job. They put everyone up in a nice hotel for two nights and take everyone out for dinner and drinks both nights. The actual office interview day was much more relaxing than the previous interviews. I think once they invite you to the office they know you are smart, they just want to see how well you work with others and to see how well you would fit in company culture. The employees at DC Energy are great people. Everyone is smart and able to hold good conversations.

Interview Questions

• The interviews involved questions relating to the energy business and brain teasers.   Answer Question

Even though DC Energy looks like an incredible place to work, I received other great offers. While the salary at DC Energy is high, the hours I would need to put were a concern for me since this is my first job out of college. Note: DC Energy actually has great hours considering they are an investment company. But I decided I would rather start my career working closer to 45 hours per week rather than 55 hours per week. Another concern with working for DC Energy is the swings in the energy investment industry. Many firms don't last long, and while DC Energy's track record is great, the time in between when I would have had to accept the offer and when I would actually start working is long. I didn't want to risk the company failing, leaving me without a job. I could definitely see myself at DC Energy in the future.

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DC Energy (Charlottesville, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

There was a case interview and then the second round was 2 back to back case interviews with the final interview being on site and learning about company culture. The final on-site interview was my favorite part because you got to learn about the company culture and it was not extremely formal which helped with stress, but they were trying to see whether you would be a good fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• These were a series of case interviews in which you would be asked a logic question or puzzle of some sort and then you would answer.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Interview

Met them at a campus recruiting fair. They were very friendly and invited me to a mingling event that night. Got a first round interview. The interview was very math/ statistics heavy and a case study. I didn't make it to second round.

Interview Questions

• Case study having to do with probabilities. Brush up on more than your basic stat.   Answer Question