DC Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at DC Energy

3.7

Sort:

Investment Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DC Energy in September 2017.

Interview

One case interview on campus with a senior employee. A week later, I was invited to an office visit. At the visit, I had two more interviews the first afternoon, one about light bulbs and the other about sorting boxes (to test programming aptitude). The next day was more about fit, though there was one group exercise. The visit was great. Really nice hotel, dinners, and access to employees.

Interview Questions

• All types of analytical questions. Some had defined answers, others were to see your thought process. Very little interest in fit questions during the interviews.   Answer Question

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DC Energy (Vienna, VA) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Each stage had about 1-2 weeks in-between -- the stages were a four-question survey online, a phone interview with a technical/math question, and then a 2-day office day if you applied online (1-day if you interviewed on-campus with them). They have you go through 3 case studies that were mostly math and critical thinking based and the actual office day and breakfast/dinners were pretty relaxed and more to see if you were a good fit. The only test on the office day was the team exercise where you're split into a group of 2-3 and pseudocoding a series of tasks as quickly as possible.

Interview Questions

• Standard phone interview. Brainteaser, statistics/math, and critical questions   Answer Question

Energy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DC Energy (Princeton, NJ) in September 2017.

Interview

Interviewed on campus through recruiting process. 45 min first interview, called back for 1.5hr second interview. The first interview was with a junior staffer; second was with an upper-level manager. The second interview involved two case studies, one on deciding which light bulbs to purchase, the other using financial data to choose what crop to grow.

Interview Questions

• Several computer programming-style technical questions with fairly simple sorting tasks.   Answer Question
    • What is your definition of sustainability?   Answer Question

Energy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at DC Energy.

Interview

Interviewed on campus through recruiting process. first round 30min and second round 90min.
    The two rounds were carried out on consecutive days. first round was with one junior staff and second round with two senior staff, spent 45min with each

Interview Questions

• all brain teaser kind of questions. the interviewer was friendly and dropped hints   Answer Question

Analyst Strategy and Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DC Energy (Charlottesville, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting and had one interview on-campus. The interview consisted of 15 minutes of behavioral question, and 10 minutes of math intensive brain teaser. The interviewee was polite, but did not offer any help/advice with the brain teaser.

Full Time Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at DC Energy.

Interview

On-campus interview. The process was back-to-back, one of them ask you to solve a series of logic problems. The question looks complicated, but the logic is not that hard. Another one is behavioral questions and some maths brain teasers.

Interview Questions

• describe one time you face a teamwork problem and how did you solve it   Answer Question

Investment Analyst Interview Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at DC Energy.

Interview

Met the recruiter at a career fair, submitted resume and cover letter got a first round interview. Unfortunately I did not know it was a case interview. I had never done a case interview before, and it showed in my presentation. Although I came to the correct number, I did not receive a second round interview.

Interview Questions

• Estimate the number of lightbulbs bought yearly in the US.   Answer Question

Software Engineer With Aptitude for R, MySQL, PHP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DC Energy (Vienna, VA).

Interview

I rarely write reviews but I feel like I have to for this company.
    I applied online in May, 2018. In a few weeks they've called me for a screen interview (I thought that it was easy and successful) and then they sent me a code screener, it was easy as well, finished it relatively quickly and I know that I did everything correctly there. After 1,5 month (on August 16) they sent me an email saying that due to the high volume of applicants, they will not be proceeding with me. Then why did they give me the code screener in the first place if they were not going to proceed with me?

Interview Questions

• They sent me a code screener   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DC Energy in February 2012.

Interview

Met with company reps at a career fair in D.C. I have experience working in energy, so they were more than happy to give me a quick on-site interview. About 2 weeks later they invited me out for a 2 day interview which consisted of about 3 quantitative case interviews and several opportunities to meet with staff (both junior and senior).

Not going to lie, the interview process is extremely challenging. With that said, this is an excellent company that deserves the best and brightest out there (hence the hard interview process).

Interview Questions

• What is the optimal investment strategy given 3 different energy plants.?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

Met them at a campus recruiting fair. They were very friendly and invited me to a mingling event that night. Got a first round interview. The interview was very math/ statistics heavy and a case study. I didn't make it to second round.

Interview Questions

• Case study having to do with probabilities. Brush up on more than your basic stat.   Answer Question