DC Water Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DC Water (Washington, DC) in May 2013.

Interview

All via email. Just needed transcript and essay stating why you should be hired. Wasn't really tedious and process went by so quickly. Its all based on past performances and do meet face to face until you start your first day as an intern at DC Water.

Labor Relations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DC Water (Washington, DC) in December 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume online through their portal. Received a call less than an hour later to setup a phone screen the next day. During phone screen, interviewer realized that they had misread my resume and ended the phone screening; interviewer advised that they would need to check with hiring manager and call me right back. Nearly a week later, I got a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• We didn't get beyond the question of what my experience was   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Interview

The interview process was by phone and was very conventional. There was a panel of three interviewers who rotated asking questions which focused mostly on background experiences and workplace scenarios. There were no technical questions included, besides a general understanding of the waste water treatment plant's technologies and processes.

Interview Questions

• What aspect or technology do you find most interesting at DC Water Blue Plains Wastewater Treatment Plant and why?   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DC Water in November 2014.

Interview

It took about two weeks before I heard from anyone after applying. It took another week to schedule an interview and then I hear back from them with an offer about a week or so later.

Interview Questions

• none of the questions were difficult. they were purely based on the technical requirements for the job and I was able to provide examples of when I successfully completed similar tasks or projects.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

I was contacting to come in for an interview after applying online. I drove three hours and had to pay for parking, when I arrived the interviewers were 20 mins late. When I walked into the interview no one even stood up to shake my hand so I went to each seated individual and shook theirs. During the interview the panelist didnt seem to care about my responses and even made jokes during it. I wanted to walk out of the interview as I could see this was just a joke to them. Also if they are just reading questions off the paper I wondered why this couldnt have been a phone screening before having me drive 3 hours. I found out later they had no idea what part of Virginia I even came from. This was a waste of my time, as job searching is a stressful process situations like this only make it more difficult.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at DC Water.

Interview

It was a panel interview. Five (5) panel members asked a series of ten (10) questions. In addition, some follow-up questions were asked in response to my responses. The interview lasted approximately an hour.

Interview Questions

• I do not remember the specific questions that were asked. Tell me about yourself....Why do you think you would be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied to job via on-campus recruiting. First interview was on campus (30 min behavioral and technical). Second interview was at the office (30 min behavioral). Third interview was at the office (90min - felt more like a fit check). Asked to complete a writing assessment. Accepted offer the following week.

Interview Questions

• None were too difficult; just stumbled on a couple of questions due to nerves.   1 Answer

DC Water Response

Mar 18, 2015 – Manager, Recruitment

Why did you decline the offer?

Customer Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DC Water (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied to job from indeed in February was rejected same day,I was emailed 2 months later and told it was a error and asked was i still interested so I went for it. First took a group personality test in there office on overlook drive took about a hour and half, told you will be notified in 2 weeks. Second passed first test told to come back to take the microsoft /excel test, given results that day passed again. Third panel interview downtown Dc right by the nationals stadium,on the day of the game in the afternoon $25 to park interview 10 questions bout a hour and half. One week later didnt hear anything back emailed hr recruiter to follow up and rejected.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions nothing out of the box   3 Answers

SummerProgram Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at DC Water.

Interview

Contacted me for a phone interview. They ended up calling me 30 minutes late. The person interviewing me was not the person who they said would interview me. The interview said they would ask me five questions and only ended up asking me for question. Also did not provide me with the opportunity to ask question. The interview was also very difficult to hear and I could hear a bunch of people around him talking.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a recent achievement that you are proud of.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DC Water (Washington, DC) in March 2019.

Interview

Applied on line through their website. Did a phone screen with the hiring manager for about 30 mins 2 weeks later. An on-site interview was scheduled the following week.

Interview Questions

• Why are you the best fit for this position? Weaknesses and strengths. Pretty standard.   Answer Question