DDB New York Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DDB New York Interview Questions

Updated Mar 10, 2017

2.5

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DDB New York.

Interview

I reached out directly to a DDB recruiter to inquire about any new job opportunities within the company. From there, I was put in touch with a team who was looking for a new AE and interviewed in person three times. The process was a positive one overall, as the team was great at keeping in touch and being transparent through the entire process.

Integrated Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DDB New York (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Very drawn out interview process which started with recruiter screening. On 3 separate occasions met with about 6-7 people in addition to a ton of intermittent phone interviews with recruiter. Interviewers were from different departments/levels. Actual interviews were not bad, got a decent vibe and people were down to earth. A lot of energy. Sat in open spaces or couches which made it a less stressful process.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with leading? +a bunch of experience-based questions
      What's your process?
      Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DDB New York in May 2016.

Interview

It was done via video conference, Zoom. www.zoom.com The whole interview was 1hr long. The person that I interviewed with was really nice and pleasant. Asked me a lot of questions ranging from IT Skillset, personality, and background.

Interview Questions

• If you faced with an IT related issue and did not know how to resolve it, What would you do????   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at DDB New York (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Very personable and willing to talk and answer questions. Gave opportunity to ask questions and talk about the company as well as your background. Very pleasant to talk to. First a phone interview and then sent up the line to talk with higher up executives.

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DDB New York (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was a 5 hour process
    Got interviewed by several people - all of them were nice. They were mostly account directors.
    Questions were about past experience
    Some questions about specific scenarios and what you would do in that situation
    Had to come in twice
    Overall the experience was fine

Interview Questions

• Explain how you overcame a difficult situation at work   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DDB New York (New York, NY).

Interview

When I interviewed, there was a different UX Director, so it's probably very different now. It was very short, easy, and conversational. I showed some of my work on a laptop I brought, and the director showed me the kinds of stuff I'd be working on, and asked me about them. We talked about experience, capabilities, and outlook. It was very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about designing a web product/experience that would launch 5 years from now, which could harness technologies that aren't currently available on the market.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I went through a recruiter, who negotiated for me.

Studio Artist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at DDB New York.

Interview

I send out the resume and they called me into an interview. I went with my portfolio and they asked me when I can start.

Account Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DDB New York (New York, NY).

Interview

Standard hiring process. HR Director received resume from internal source. Arranged for several interviews over a few days to meet with all relevant parties. Once offered position, standard background checks were conducted. After background check clears, HR reached out with orientation details.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage, encourage and empower your subordinates?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Additional week of vacation. Easy and straightforward.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DDB New York in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online and through a referral. Although they took 2 months to get back to me, the interview only lasted 30 minutes on the phone. I found it extremely easy, a lot like a conversation and almost as though they already knew they were going to hire me before calling

Interview Questions

• If I asked your friends to describe you, what three words would they use?   Answer Question

Internal Video Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DDB New York (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

It was a lengthy process spanning over a month and a half. I met with the head of the department as well as the CCO. The conversations were engaging and it gave me a good sense of the job that I was about to be hired for as well as the culture of the company.

Interview Questions

• What would you be doing everyday out of the office?
      What are your skills?
      What are you good at? What do you suck at?
      Answer Question