DDB New York Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.8

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Integrated Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DDB New York (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Very drawn out interview process which started with recruiter screening. On 3 separate occasions met with about 6-7 people in addition to a ton of intermittent phone interviews with recruiter. Interviewers were from different departments/levels. Actual interviews were not bad, got a decent vibe and people were down to earth. A lot of energy. Sat in open spaces or couches which made it a less stressful process.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with leading? +a bunch of experience-based questions
      What's your process?   Answer Question

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DDB New York (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was a 5 hour process
    Got interviewed by several people - all of them were nice. They were mostly account directors.
    Questions were about past experience
    Some questions about specific scenarios and what you would do in that situation
    Had to come in twice
    Overall the experience was fine

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DDB New York (New York, NY).

Interview

When I interviewed, there was a different UX Director, so it's probably very different now. It was very short, easy, and conversational. I showed some of my work on a laptop I brought, and the director showed me the kinds of stuff I'd be working on, and asked me about them. We talked about experience, capabilities, and outlook. It was very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about designing a web product/experience that would launch 5 years from now, which could harness technologies that aren't currently available on the market.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I went through a recruiter, who negotiated for me.

Account Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DDB New York (New York, NY).

Interview

Standard hiring process. HR Director received resume from internal source. Arranged for several interviews over a few days to meet with all relevant parties. Once offered position, standard background checks were conducted. After background check clears, HR reached out with orientation details.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage, encourage and empower your subordinates?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Additional week of vacation. Easy and straightforward.

User Experience Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at DDB New York (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

I did two rounds of interviews with the Associate and Director of UX. I had an in-person conversation and small presentation of my portfolio and case studies. It was very casual and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a case study   1 Answer

Internal Video Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DDB New York (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

It was a lengthy process spanning over a month and a half. I met with the head of the department as well as the CCO. The conversations were engaging and it gave me a good sense of the job that I was about to be hired for as well as the culture of the company.

Interview Questions

• What would you be doing everyday out of the office?
      What are your skills?
      What are you good at? What do you suck at?   Answer Question

Informational Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DDB New York (New York, NY).

Interview

I had an informational interview with a person in HR and did not go in for a specific position. The interview was very conversational and they asked fairly standard questions. The HR person I met with seemed very smart and had a great understanding of their accounts and what is required of account people.

Interview Questions

• What intimidates you? A challenge/problem you faced and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DDB New York (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

I worked with a recruiter and my first interview was supposed to be informational. I ended up meeting with 4 different people (on 3 different healthcare teams), and getting a callback for the next week. No hardball questions or anything. Just know your experience well enough to talk and talk and talk.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They called to ask me if it was OK to email me an offer letter. No negotiation was even broached.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DDB New York (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

I worked through a recruiter, who sold me on the position after he had already submitted my resume, which was well-received. I had a phone interview with the recruiter who groomed me for the in-person. I then took tests to show my skills using basic Microsoft Office programs. After the recruiter gave DDB my scores, I met with HR first, but on the same day, met with the person for whom I now work. After we negotiated salary and benefits and I received my formal offer letter, I put in my notice at my other job. It was very straight forward and really nothing sticks out as being notable.

Interview Questions

• Describe your weakness/a time you failed.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was helpful that I went through a recruiter, because I didn't have to do the negotiations myself. However, I recommend strongly that you find out what equivalent positions at competitor agencies are paying in order to get an idea of what is reasonable. However, to level set expectations, I will say that DDB does not pay within industry standards, and that you can reasonably expect to earn less than your equivalent at better firms.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DDB New York (New York, NY) in November 2009.

Interview

First interview was with HR, then with the main account team members. Following that were interviews with account directors.