DEFENDERS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DEFENDERS Interview Questions

Interviews at DEFENDERS

2.1

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DEFENDERS in November 2018.

Interview

Quick phone interview followed by a one on one interview a few days later. Very concise and to the point. Interviewee had some basic questions about background, competence, and interest. The rest of the interview was mostly a company Overview and questions regarding how comfortable you were in people's homes/driving.

Phone Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DEFENDERS (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

good Lana did great job. but training was a joke . training by some senior rep. who would rather listen to old radio program on u-tube then teach .

Interview Questions

• when can you start . pay is good ( Not) mislead by them.   1 Answer

Lead Technician Interview

Interview

Did a phone interview. Then had the installation manager call me and schedule me for an interview. He called and changed it a few times. I was guaranteed to make a lot of money and minimal selling.

Collections Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DEFENDERS (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2018.

Interview

The interview in my opinion was fairly easy. I got hired the same day I did my interview. It’s nothing to be nervous about! The interview was about 30 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DEFENDERS (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2016.

Interview

30 minute basic interview of selling yourself. Pretty basic interview of explaining your experience and a good balance of asking questions about job duties and benefits.

Also had an opportunity to go on tour of the office and speak with other managers as well as agents in call center.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DEFENDERS (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2018.

Interview

The hiring rep contacted me. We talked briefly over the phone and set up a face to face interview. The face to face went very well. I was extremely happy with the whole experience.

Interview Questions

• 3 things about you that make you effective in a sales environment.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DEFENDERS.

Interview

Initial call was from the Recruiter in the morning. He asked about my sales background, why I am interested in Defender and what kind of money was I looking to make. After I answered his questions he went right into all the benefits of working for the company for about 10 minutes. He asked if I had any questions. Mine were: how does training work, how are we paid and can I call a customer back to follow up if I don't get the sale on initial call. His answers: I will put in parenthesis what actually came true as there were some considerable differences. PAY: you are paid minimum wage for training for the whole week you are in Indy M-F (actual: only for 2 days). You also get a bonus for completion of between $400-450 (actual: $325). All meals are covered the whole week and hotel room is paid for (actual: diners every night are not covered). Pay is 100% commission and paid weekly (true). He would not answer what you make per sale but said starting agents earn around 50-65k first year (actual: 30k avg.) Final question he did not answer but obviously knew the truth; one shot to make the sale. After I had no more questions he said he thinks this might be a good fit and will pass my info to an HR manager. Recruiter was nice and friendly, I did feel a bit uncomfortable with the sales pitch he had.
    Later that day I got the call from an HR person. Just standard HR stuff verifying all my info. They said the next step will be for a call center manager to call you if hey want to bring you in for an interview. HR person was very nice and good sense of humor.
    Next day I got a call from a call center manager. They asked basically the same questions as above. My only question was about follow up with potential customers. They did a very good job of explaining no follow up but also to wait for the corp training and it will be easier to understand. We set an interview at the call center for the next day. The interview went well. Decent looking office, smelled funky though. Relaxed interview with standard questions. The manager had a personality that really made you feel comfortable. At the end they said this looks like a good fit and we will call you to set up training. Definitely had the feeling when I left that I got the job.
    The manager called the next day to offer the position, I accepted and agreed to travel to Indy for training Monday of the next week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation opportunity at all

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at DEFENDERS (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2014.

Interview

Run of the Mill interview, nothing out of the ordinary it was my first interview as a college graduate. More of a learning process for me. He asked questions that seemed out the ordinary and I was not prepared. Weird hours. Thought everyone in the office looked like they were strung out and hated their job.

Interview Questions

• What are 5 things you could improve on?
      What are 5 things you strive in?
      What are 5 technical skills you are good at?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DEFENDERS (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2016.

Interview

They were very through the sales company so if you have a sales experience will take you but you have to pass the test and they don't give you the information immediately

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a angry customer   1 Answer

Installation Tech Interview

Interview

Relatively easy.

Interview Questions

• If a customer kicks you out of their house, how would you react?   Answer Question