DENSO America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 5, 2017

2.8

HMI Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at DENSO America (Southfield, MI) in August 2017.

Interview

The process was smooth, it took me few days to get an onsite interview
    I have been interviewed by 3 engineers, the questions we're clear and the conversation was great.
    The interview covered my previous experience, my HMI related experience and Qt and software engineering experience.
    It was typical interview session.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions we're about my HMI experience, Qt experience, my previous positions and my software engineering skills.   1 Answer

Sales Co-op Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DENSO America.

Interview

Applied Online and was reached out by HR for an interview within 1 week. The Interview a group setup with an HR person and 2 manager.
    1. Went over the resume and went into details on job exp/ skills
    2. Behavioral Questions
    Advice: Sending a thank you email could go a long way

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Battle Creek, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DENSO America (Battle Creek, MI) in July 2017.

Interview

First had a phone screen then a group interview with the team lead and two other developers. The whole thing was pretty laid back and there wasn't really anything that they asked me that was technically specific.

Interview Questions

• Just questions about my background and experience in college   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DENSO America (Southfield, MI).

Interview

Slow, tedious, plodding, and robotic. No personality allowed in the interview process. Interviewed by 2 people 2 times. Not sure why they insisted on bringing me back a second time to repeat unoriginal questions

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, what can you bring to the team, strengths, weaknesses, etc. If you read a list of interview questions online, chances are you will be asked half of them in your interview   Answer Question

Production Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maryville, TN

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at DENSO America (Maryville, TN) in March 2017.

Interview

Well, it is somewhat a challenging process you literally have work really hard for what you want and research the job you're interviewing for. Nothing comes easy at DENSO, they really want to see if you got what it takes.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a machine was down and you went to go fix it? But then there was 2nd Machine that broke down and the team leader from the 2nd machine came to you and was pretty heated and said I need you over here right now to fix mine.   2 Answers

Production Control Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maryville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at DENSO America (Maryville, TN) in November 2016.

Interview

Two in person interviews followed by an offer. Panel interview with a few managers then a group interview with the team I would be working with which was unlike any other interview I had done- highly recommended as it gives you a chance to meet people before you potentially get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you exhibited teamwork   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at DENSO America in October 2016.

Interview

Handed my resume top the representative in the career fair. Scheduled a phone interview within 2 weeks. The person in the career fair asked questions on project and checked if had the basic qualifications for the position. The phone screening went well, but did not hear back from HR nor the manager about the next steps. They probably had concerns on other thing.

Applications Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DENSO America.

Interview

Was approached through a school-based vehicle competition for the interview, first contact was through HR. We scheduled a phone interview with the lead team engineer that led to the offer of an in person interview in Southfield.

Interview Questions

• Give a personal example of an instance of team problem solving.   Answer Question
    • What types of roles have you assumed in your various engineering pursuits   Answer Question

Design Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DENSO America (Southfield, MI).

Interview

Quick and painless. I interviewed with four engineering managers at once, which initially was a intimidating but proved to be more calming due to the informal nature and banter. It was a pretty open interview. 5 years later after accepting and knowing the guys that interviewed me very well, i understand they are all good friends outside of work, hence the banter during that interview.

Interview Questions

• Could I remember basic heat transfer formulas and apply them.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DENSO America.

Interview

One Onsite interview with four managers. They asked so many technical questions as well as background and a little of work experience. Hobbies? Soldering?Transistors use? Very formal and dry interview