DENSO America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 29, 2017

2.5

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DENSO America (Southfield, MI).

Interview

Slow, tedious, plodding, and robotic. No personality allowed in the interview process. Interviewed by 2 people 2 times. Not sure why they insisted on bringing me back a second time to repeat unoriginal questions

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, what can you bring to the team, strengths, weaknesses, etc. If you read a list of interview questions online, chances are you will be asked half of them in your interview   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at DENSO America in October 2016.

Interview

Handed my resume top the representative in the career fair. Scheduled a phone interview within 2 weeks. The person in the career fair asked questions on project and checked if had the basic qualifications for the position. The phone screening went well, but did not hear back from HR nor the manager about the next steps. They probably had concerns on other thing.

Applications Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DENSO America.

Interview

Was approached through a school-based vehicle competition for the interview, first contact was through HR. We scheduled a phone interview with the lead team engineer that led to the offer of an in person interview in Southfield.

Interview Questions

• Give a personal example of an instance of team problem solving.   Answer Question
    • What types of roles have you assumed in your various engineering pursuits   Answer Question

Design Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DENSO America (Southfield, MI).

Interview

Quick and painless. I interviewed with four engineering managers at once, which initially was a intimidating but proved to be more calming due to the informal nature and banter. It was a pretty open interview. 5 years later after accepting and knowing the guys that interviewed me very well, i understand they are all good friends outside of work, hence the banter during that interview.

Interview Questions

• Could I remember basic heat transfer formulas and apply them.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DENSO America.

Interview

One Onsite interview with four managers. They asked so many technical questions as well as background and a little of work experience. Hobbies? Soldering?Transistors use? Very formal and dry interview

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to solder?   1 Answer

Accounting Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at DENSO America (Southfield, MI) in February 2016.

Interview

Had a Skype interview with HR, very relaxed and comfortable. Overall, questions were basic and more just to get to know me and how I would fit in personality wise. I was chosen to come in for an interview day with presentations, testing, and interviews but ended up accepting another job before the date came around. Great communication and interest on their end, it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• They asked about education and work history, future goals, etc.   Answer Question

Workers Compensation Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DENSO America in February 2016.

Interview

The recruiter seemed to be overworked and hard to reach. Scheduled interview very quickly. Interviewed with hiring manager and recruiter. It was very quick, they both were eyeballing the clock. I should have taken that as a sign of not interested. It just seemed they were interviewing me to meet a quota.

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at DENSO America (Southfield, MI).

Interview

Friendly, there were three people conducting interviews. They asked many of the classic interview questions and a few about the history of the company. Be prepared to answer as there are two or three people interviewing at once.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you did not agree with your boss.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation when you weren't prepared for a deadline.   Answer Question

Design Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DENSO America (Auburn Hills, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a staffing agency looking to hire a new grad Design engineer. They moved pretty quickly from a phone screen to an on-site interview at the DENSO facility in Detroit, MI. I interviewed with a group manager and two other employees, combined technical interview and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• How would handle design review of a air-charge-cooler for a commercial diesel vehicle? What kinds of issues could affect the performance of the vehicle.   Answer Question

I ended up declining the offer because I was really looking for a direct-hire position, rather than a contract job, and the job would entail mostly thermal analysis, which I felt wasn't my strongest suit.

Corporate Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DENSO America.

Interview

Easy interviews. Phone interview with hiring manger followed by panel interview with hiring manager and his colleagues. Don't expect any sort of normal functioning however by their HR. Found a job with another company before the process was complete, but it's the only company I've ever called and the voicemail box was full. Unprofessional to the extreme. Interviews are scheduled with almost no notice (I'm talking like 12 hours). If their HR department is any indication of this company as a whole, I'd steer clear if possible.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about background and how you respond to certain situations.   Answer Question