DFS Group Management Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 17, 2017

3.4

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at DFS Group (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

Many rounds of interview over a 10 month process. There is a 2 hour long phone interview with standardised questions, a panel interview, and also interviews with hiring managers individually. It takes time for them to get back to you, so patience is key. They look for people who know what they want, are passionate about the retail industry, and know what service delivery means. Service and people are a huge part of the DFS culture.

Interview Questions

• Standardised interview was the most difficult part of the interview as it requires you to remain focused for a long period of time on the telephone.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for DFS Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DFS Group (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, assessment centre, panel interview, interview with MD(?)
    Would rather not have so many rounds just for a store operations manager, it did not feel necessary. However, HR team was friendly and did not make the whole process intimidating. However it would be 15 people ( split into 3 groups) with 6 people judging. Be prepared.

Interview Questions

• They gave 2 case studies for us to review   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at DFS Group (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone call during which you are asked simple questions like why DFS, your motivation to join the company and strengths. They also asked for expected salary.

After that is the AC. We were split into two groups. Each group worked on two cases and presented them to the pane. The cases were very simple. One question was about how a manager should deal with an under-performing team member, and the other question was about what strategies should a manager take when the restriction of alcohol purchase is lifted at the airport. After each group presented, they would have to take questions from the panel and the other group.

I got through the AC but not the third round, which were mostly on behavioral questions. My advice for the AC is to be yourself, and ask smart questions. It would also help to research on the company's business before-hand.

Interview Questions

• Where will a DFS career take you?
      Tell us why we should hire you.
      Tell us about a time you made a mistake at work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DFS Group (Singapore (Singapore)) in September 2016.

Interview

There was a short phone interview where they asked a few questions. It took around 15 minutes. After that I was asked to go for to the assessment center where they went through the program. There was a short introduction and then they gave case studies to groups. Time management was very important because they gave 10 minutes to discuss and 5 minutes to present.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at DFS Group (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Had a simple phone interview before a 1 to 1 interview with the HR personnel. The questions asked during 1 to 1 interview focuses on leadership experiences. Aside from the usual questions, I had to give multiple examples on how I've dealt with problems as a leader in past experiences.

Interview Questions

• Give me one example where you had to motivate a team member who is discouraged.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DFS Group (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Very lengthy process of selection: Phone Screening, Assessment Center, 1 to 1 interview with HR, Panel interview with management, 1 to 1 interview with MD.

Phone Screening: Very basic general questions such as your interests in the industry, what sort of work environment you're looking for, why did you pursue your studies in xx course etc

Tips for Assessment Center: Just be yourself really and have fun at it. Interact with your team and think fast and present your thoughts clearly - you don't have much time for discussion.

Interview with HR: Lots of behavioural questions - use your experience and background to answer them

Interview Questions

• What's the biggest risk you've taken? Questions regarding how you handle conflicts etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DFS Group (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2016.

Interview

The entire hiring process consists of 6 rounds: initial application, phone interview, assessment centre, HR interview, panel interview, final interview. It was overall a challenging process, they are really looking for store managers and they want to see your ability to lead a team while also having the ability to make operational decisions. I made it until the assessment centre - a 3 hour long process with 2 case studies and 2 individual one-minute pitches.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DFS Group.

Interview

Phone interview of about 15 minutes. Asked questions like why did you apply for this job, are you able to work shift? relocate if requested? etc.. If you passed the phone interview, you will be invited to an assessment center of 4 hours. During which, group activities will be conducted.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DFS Group.

Interview

Did a phone before being shortlisted into the assessment centre. Assessment centre requires us to present on 2 cases in groups. We were also asked basic questions to let others know more about you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DFS Group (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

There were three tables of applicants, everyone stood up to give a short intro. Two case studies were given to the groups and we were given 5 mins to discuss before presenting. After the presentation, the two other groups have to name the best speaker and room for improvement speaker.

Interview Questions

• No direct qns at this stage   1 Answer