DHL Supply Chain Operations Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 16, 2017

2.7

46 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Fontana, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at DHL Supply Chain (Fontana, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through my school internship website, and had a phone interview with a college recruiter. Following this interview, I had an on site interview with the Operations Manager. I was later informed that they would like for me to intern at that site. I went through the paperwork with HR and began training with the inventory manager.

Interview Questions

• "why do you want to concentrate in supply chain and operations?"   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for DHL Supply Chain

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DHL Supply Chain (Columbia, SC) in March 2017.

Interview

There was a series of 3 phone calls. The calls were centered around behavioral and situational type questions. Interviewers expect a STAR answer: Situation Task Action Result. Simple and straight forward.

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DHL Supply Chain (Ontario, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Flew around 10 - 20 students in for a "college day" at one of their campuses. Had the opportunity to view several of their facilities the first day, and then concluded the day with a dinner. At the dinner it wasn't explicity said but they were monitoring you to see if you would talk to others. Second day you had to give a "5 minute me" which essentially means tell a story about yourself in 5 minutes to convey who you are, it was easy but you do give the speech in front of around 20 people, many of whom are GMs. After this you have 3 45 minutes interviews where they ask basic questions. When you leave they rank all of the recruits in order of best to worst and then hire you depending on that.

Interview Questions

• If I were to put you in charge of warehouse right now, would you do it and what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indiana, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at DHL Supply Chain (Indiana, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

Very much leadership based questions. 4 initial interviews One was barely an interview, just getting to know me. The next you go to the main campus and have to do a 5 minute me presentation about yourself to around 20 top level management. Once this is done you are immediately in back to back to back 3 interviews with three different people which takes an hour and a half or so. Once that is all said and done they call you in a week to tell you if you got it or not.

Interview Questions

• How can you lead someone who may have been at the company for 20+ years   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DHL Supply Chain (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I went through the college recruiting process. I interviewed on campus originally, then was brought to a campus in ATL which took two days. It was a process that allowed me to meet with many people from different sectors, which I enjoyed. However, I felt I had a lot of say in who I wanted to offer me a position, and one manager I interviewed with said that for me it was basically whoever screamed the loudest that would get an offer out to me. Consisted of a 10 minute presentation about yourself, then 3 interviews lasting 45 minutes. All interviewers asked the same questions based on a standardized system, but I was able to have genuine conversations with the respective representatives. I was offered a job the morning after my interview by the general manager of one site, then HR called me with a total of 3 offers. Everything was smooth sailing during the interview process and DHL paid for everything, including miles to and from the interviews, food, and the hotel.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to rank safety, quality, and cost in order of importance.   1 Answer

Operations Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DHL Supply Chain.

Interview

I first met their recruiters at a career fair at my university. I had an interview on campus the next day. It was a pretty typical interview and I was asked a lot of questions about working with other people and how I handle conflicts.

Not long after they invited me to a College Day, where I went to one of their sites with other students. We gave a short presentation about ourselves and then met individually with several managers and had conversation about the job.

The day after College Day they called and offered me the position. Great company, very helpful recruiters, and they really seemed to want to do the best they could for their employees.

Interview Questions

• How you have handled conflicts between other people in the past   1 Answer

I simply had another opportunity that appealed to me slightly more for reasons unrelated to the actual job itself. If it weren't for the other opportunity I had I absolutely would have taken this job. Seems like a great position and company to start a career with.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at DHL Supply Chain (Arlington, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

Hiring went smoothly. DHL has a rigorous hiring process in which candidates are brought to the headquarters in Ohio, interviewed in front of a board of several people, and then interviewed privately. Then a candidate is brought to the DC where he is interviewed by the sites GM. It is a very thorough process that ensures the best candidates are selected for the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation phase went fine. They are eager to make sure that you are adequately compensated for your time with DHL.

Anonymous Employee in McDonough, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DHL Supply Chain (McDonough, GA).

Interview

Interview was with the department manager. He actually read my resume and asked questions about my experience which I had listed on the resume. I applied for inventory analyst.

Interview Questions

• Would I consider taking a different position other than what I applied for?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DHL Supply Chain (Columbus, OH) in November 2015.

Interview

very laid back and fun. had the pleasure to interview with the inventory manager and she was upbeat and excited about the opportunity for me to come a board. she had only 6 questions which i really answered during our casual discussion.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DHL Supply Chain.

Interview

Went through College Day. 1st day was site tours of two warehousing facilities run by Exel. 2nd day was a series of interviews with multiple Exel professionals from around the country

Interview Questions

• How would you rank these three terms on their importance to you? Profitability, Safety, Efficiency.   1 Answer