DHL Supply Chain Operations Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at DHL Supply Chain

2.7

Operation Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spartanburg, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DHL Supply Chain (Spartanburg, SC).

Interview

Engaging interview with many follow up questions. Thorough screening process but has diluted based on quality candidates in the market. They will try to get an employee for a bargain price. The interview itself did not take an abnormally long time. The overall vibe of the interview was welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to develop a difficult employee.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for DHL Supply Chain

Operations Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DHL Supply Chain in March 2015.

Interview

Personable interview that made me feel like they were really trying to get to know me. Took 90 minutes of their time to discuss my qualifications and their ideal candidate and to give valuable insight of what a career with the company entails.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DHL Supply Chain.

Interview

2 interviews; 1st interview with HR and 2nd interview with Operations Manager. It took about a month from applying online to getting a call back. After the call I had an interview the following week, then was called back for a second interview 3 days later, and then a call back right after with an offered.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DHL Supply Chain (Columbus, OH) in June 2012.

Interview

I was referred by a current employee. The initial phone interview with a college recruiter. They were not hiring right away but they promised to keep me on file. About a month later I received a request to fly down to Columbus, OH to interview for an operations supervisor role for their college recruiting program. I received an offer a week after that interview.

Interview Questions

• Prepare for standard behavioral questions you'll be fine. "Explain a time you had to deal with a difficult associate etc."   1 Answer

Operations Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DHL Supply Chain in May 2011.

Interview

College recruit processes began with a phone interview. Exel then came to the campus to do face-to-face interviews and then did a follow up phone interview. Those candidates that made it to the next round were flown to a site for a tour and group interviews. This took two days and had interviewers from HR, operations, finance and systems. Selection was made after this. Exel does what's called, "Behavior based interviews" - particular weight is placed on this for college recruits who generally have no experience in warehousing. What this means is that you don't necessarily need to show that you are competent in a skill, but that you have the behavior that will drive competence. If you do want to showcase a skill that matches what they are looking for, make sure to have specific, fact based examples ready. Don't say "I led a team to achieve", say "I led our club to success during the bake sale by organizing a time-line with specific role information, making sure it was distributed personally to each member and following up with them a day in advance. This led to a 20% increase in brownie sales compared to the last bake sale we had."

Interview Questions

• How had I demonstrated my leadership abilities in previous roles.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate enough. They won't renig on the offer simply because you want more money. The worst they can say is no. Remember that Exel, like any company, will offer you the lowest first. You can most likely get another 5 -10% if you ask and tell them why.

The provided me an offer letter and told me to sign and accept it. Other people in my group contacted the offer letter associate and asked for more money.

Anonymous Employee in Union, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DHL Supply Chain (Union, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

Fill out the application. They call you in or invite you in to fill out an application. They review it for errors or omissions. They say someone will contact you in 1 week to 6 months. They invite you in for a one one interview ( 1 hour). Then you take 2 written tests. If you pass, you go take a drug screen. Then they call you to set a start date. Shifts are M,T, Sat,Sun 1st week then W,The,F second week. Eligible for overtime in 1 month.

Interview Questions

• What is the position you are looking to advance to?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DHL Supply Chain (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I went through the college recruiting process. I interviewed on campus originally, then was brought to a campus in ATL which took two days. It was a process that allowed me to meet with many people from different sectors, which I enjoyed. However, I felt I had a lot of say in who I wanted to offer me a position, and one manager I interviewed with said that for me it was basically whoever screamed the loudest that would get an offer out to me. Consisted of a 10 minute presentation about yourself, then 3 interviews lasting 45 minutes. All interviewers asked the same questions based on a standardized system, but I was able to have genuine conversations with the respective representatives. I was offered a job the morning after my interview by the general manager of one site, then HR called me with a total of 3 offers. Everything was smooth sailing during the interview process and DHL paid for everything, including miles to and from the interviews, food, and the hotel.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to rank safety, quality, and cost in order of importance.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DHL Supply Chain (Alexandria, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

Call with recuriter , then call with GM, then call with regional director, then its time to set down and have the money talk! After that its either yes or no. Overall the process was simple and straight forward. No beating around the bush.

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DHL Supply Chain (Ontario, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

1st interview over the phone with the area HR manager. 2nd interview was in person with the General Manager of the site. Short interview, did a walk through of the building, got an offer that day and a call back a couple days later. Was working that next week.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral based interviewing, give examples of previous altercations or accomplishments.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was asked what price i was looking for, was offered more and accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at DHL Supply Chain (Arlington, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

Hiring went smoothly. DHL has a rigorous hiring process in which candidates are brought to the headquarters in Ohio, interviewed in front of a board of several people, and then interviewed privately. Then a candidate is brought to the DC where he is interviewed by the sites GM. It is a very thorough process that ensures the best candidates are selected for the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation phase went fine. They are eager to make sure that you are adequately compensated for your time with DHL.